Songhees Sue for part of Victoria!!

Kelly, the ability to read is what enables us to say we rightfully own that land,(speaking of charma.. isn't it funny how the whites kidnapped our children and forced them to learn the ways of the whites, now it is bitting them in the butt because we learned all about the white court system too!) as it is written. The fact that the government of the day allowed the resources and land to be taken without giving any consideration as to who's it actually was, makes them responsible. Sure the faces have changed, but the governments are still liable. This has been passed down from the previous governments and I feel it is about time that things are put back right. Avoiding the issue never solved anything and only prolongs the inevitable. I am happy that our society has become more advanced and is focused on dealing with these lingering issues from the past. Generally speaking of course (from what I read on here perhaps some individuals are not quite so advanced!)

As for this whole firewood thing, if Mr killer wasn't such an butt he'd have had his wood already! That's the only charma happening here..lol

Take only what you need.
3641877346_d9919f98d0.jpg

quote:Originally posted by kelly

Look back in anyones heritage and there were unfair hardships brought on by others. I mean blacks were not only pushed off their land but taken from africa for slaves! The list goes on and on all around the world.

Very very few are saying pay me for the hardships suffered by those before me? Or saying your land is technically mine give me it or pay me? They have moved on with their lives in a positive way. Sure these bad things happening around the world shouldnt mean this should be ignored but the mine mine attitude of some is not the answer.

Dont bother with the racist accusations as im not racist for questioning why natives should not be given equal rights like everyone else. I just dont get it? I also realize FA is trolling with jabs like he always does but its a good subject that most wont get into.

x infinity!! Great post!

www.serengetifishingcharters.com

*NEW VIDEO*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlEzuNC59ck

I'd forget about it FA.Your not trolling or praising natives,just giving facts and opinions from a FN point of view and your getting slammed by people who are diffinately feeling racist.I'm FN too,I'm sure Kelly can tell you that first hand,but I work and pay my taxes like everyone else.In fact I make way more money than most of yous'.Well,once in awhile I do use the Mac's store on Admirals or Ivy green for cheaper gas,but who wouldn't?
I'd forget about it FA,jus go fish!!:)

quote:Very very few are saying pay me for the hardships suffered by those before me? Or saying your land is technically mine give me it or pay me? They have moved on with their lives in a positive way.

So tell me wise one how has the gaza strip worked out appling your logic?

The fact that there is a fudiciary responsibility bestowed upon our government by the crown is the issue. The government has not lived up to there end of the bargin and put First Nations intrests first...

Take only what you need.

The worst part is that even in 200 years when all those that have even remotely been afflicted by residence schools and all that jazz, natives will still be asking for hand outs, claiming that the stories from their ancestors have afflicted pain on them, so that is the reasoning behind giving them money and land...AS IF! In 200 years at the rate the natives are going now, they will still be inthe same situation, reserves that are in a mess, fridges, stoves on the lawn, grass not cut, houses falling apart...not due to abandonment from the government as they like to claim, but from their own lack of will power to get up and do something about it. As I went to high school with nearly a half population of natives, I've seen the lack of motivation these kids have and a lot of it has to do with they believe that because they are native, they will be taken care of, and they do not need to work as hard as the average person who doesn't get handouts...whether FA will admit it or not, that is plain first hand FACT that I've seen.

Do you see blacks in the states getting hand outs, when their treatment in my opinion was much worse than those of the natives in Canada? No, because their government would not put up with that ****!

I'm looking forward to a Harper majority because if there is any hope of standing up to natives, it would be with a Conservative majority.

Another thing is I refuse to call them first nations, as they were NOT the first ones to Canada, there is large amounts of evidence of an earlier people who the Natives/Indians killed off!! Wonder how much in compensation the natives would have to give any desendents of them?? Oh wait, they wouldn't, they'd say that they were affected by the slaughters and would want some money...[xx(]

www.serengetifishingcharters.com

*NEW VIDEO*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlEzuNC59ck

I'd like to know how far back we're supposed to go with compensation, etc. Were the Salish ever compensated by the Laich-Kwil-Tach? Yeah they held a potlatch when all FN were being threatened by disease and European settlement to call a truce but would that have happened otherwise? How about the Komux? Villiages were slaughtered and slaves taken all up and down the island by the ruthless Laich-Kwil-Tach. Shouldn' they be paying compensation to other tribes? Often some tribes would take over another's prime fishing river in violent conflicts. Do these need to be tracked down and compensated for now?

If there's a legal doucument stating ownership of the land then that's one thing and they should be compensated for it's loss.

Aside from that, as Kelly and Poppa stated we have to live in the now and look forward. We should be aware of our dark past but constantly looking to it and waving it in everyone's face will keep us there. There has to be an end to what is currently an inequality between FN and "whitey". This obviously cannot mean pouring more FN-only money/programs/rights on the pile at the expense of the taxpayers ("beating the government" is reaching into the wallets of everyone except FN). These reverse-discrimination "solutions" are not working, we need something else!
What is that? Well I'll be running for leader of the world soon so...

The worst day fishing is better than the best day working...

Well said Geo. The government might as well stop giving handouts to the FN now or it will never end. The FN teach their kids that all they have to do to get money in life cry for government handouts. They grow up with no desire to get a job and contribute to society and it creates a hate barrier between whites and natives. Our country cant even afford to carry on with this anyways with the way the economy is. This would be a great time to teach them, if you want somthing your going to have to EARN it.

And btw FA everyone on here knows that MR.Killer isnt an butt and is quite the opposite. Your too much of a loser to give him what he payed for and that also makes you a criminal.

And I demand that the FN pay compensation for the killing of the last mammoth which inhabited this land way before any mankind. Since this was a unique species and it's extinction inflicts quite a lot of pain to myself I would say 1 billion $ into a threatened species (including salmon) fund and a meager million $ to me.

quote:Originally posted by The Fish Assassin

quote:Very very few are saying pay me for the hardships suffered by those before me? Or saying your land is technically mine give me it or pay me? They have moved on with their lives in a positive way.

The fact that there is a fudiciary responsibility bestowed upon our government by the crown is the issue. The government has not lived up to there end of the bargin and put First Nations intrests first...

Take only what you need.
FA... don't go there! Or, maybe you have, "Pledged Allegiance to the "Republic of Kanata"?
http://www.hiddenfromhistory.org/

If you have... I will shred you to bits! Starting with here: :(
http://www.united-church.ca/aborigi...hurch.ca/aboriginal/schools/statements/090520

quote:Originally posted by Charlie

quote:Originally posted by The Fish Assassin

Very very few are saying pay me for the hardships suffered by those before me? Or saying your land is technically mine give me it or pay me? They have moved on with their lives in a positive way.

Take only what you need.

Not a similar situation. They are using violence not money to fix the problem. Only similar thing is that neither of those work.

I think some need to move their anger that is towards natives and focus it on the system that is letting them do this.When natives like FA wave it in your face and point out how easy it is for them to stick it to the man its frustrating as hell. He is not helping the natives view and is just creating more anger towards them.The fact still remains its the flawed system that needs to be changed.

Thats the problem smiley66, we have let this crap go on for too long now. There is NO justifiable reason that one group should be singled out to get handouts for the rest of their existance. Everyone has had hardships in their families past and nobody but FN get anything for them. FA is just a waste of flesh and he proves it everytime he makes a post. Theres no way that a low life like him should be getting handouts from our government when theres HARD WORKING, TAX PAYING families that can barely make it paycheque to paycheque. Things need to change.

You can disagree with Fish Assasin,but to say he is a waste of whatever and a disgrace is really not called for and totally wrong.
It's like calling a snagger,whatever his color,an "idiot".
People have to learn.I learned ethics as I went along.Youngers guys now have the internet and can read what is cool and what is not.
Older school peeps who learned fishing discovered it themselves or never did.
I went to these fish forums in 2002 and coming in,thought I was pretty well established in my knowledge of fish...NOT!
To slam FA like some here are doing,is ignorant.YOu might say he is ignorant,but no one has really heard opinions from a first nations side.Well,now you are,WORK WITH IT,don't get mad and racist,that's what crumbles the disscussions we are tryna face.He's not trolling.I was not trolling.The white people here are just not liking what they're hearing.Try a different approach to what he's saying.
When the conversation come to cowboys and indians,well,now that jus insane!!!FA's point is,ya,whites won the north america,....I gotta eat...nuff from me fer now.
we live in the most civilized world now ,lets act civilized,see if some of you can do that.

quote:Originally posted by River6ix

You can disagree with Fish Assasin,but to say he is a waste of whatever and a disgrace is really not called for and totally wrong.
It's like calling a snagger,whatever his color,an "idiot".
People have to learn.I learned ethics as I went along.Youngers guys now have the internet and can read what is cool and what is not.
Older school peeps who learned fishing discovered it themselves or never did.
I went to these fish forums in 2002 and coming in,thought I was pretty well established in my knowledge of fish...NOT!
To slam FA like some here are doing,is ignorant.YOu might say he is ignorant,but no one has really heard opinions from a first nations side.Well,now you are,WORK WITH IT,don't get mad and racist,that's what crumbles the disscussions we are tryna face.He's not trolling.I was not trolling.The white people here are just not liking what they're hearing.Try a different approach to what he's saying.
When the conversation come to cowboys and indians,well,now that jus insane!!!FA's point is,ya,whites won the north america,....I gotta eat...nuff from me fer now.
we live in the most civilized world now ,lets act civilized,see if some of you can do that.
I think... I agree with everything you just said, but can you put a lid on FA? He is not doing your people any good?

Just for clarification, I quite agree opinions need to be heard from First Nations. That would help with people "working with it". There are always two sides to every story.

I see uncalled racism from both sides – and it should stop!

You are 100% correct… when the conversation went to Cowboys and Indians that was not a good direction; however, FA’s point was NOT that the white won North America, but rather Custer got massacred by Indians! This was a much worse direction. Since you brought up FA, I agree FA is not trolling! FA brings this on himself, by his own racist comments and his continual gloating. Some of the slams might be out of ignorance, but most of those comments are retaliation to - FA's own racist comments. And, I sure am glad you are the one that brought up "FA" and "ignorant" in the same sentence! :)

I can't do nothing about what he says or does.I'm one native with my own life and so is he,I guess.Don't know what band he is or where he's from.
I know I don't take offens eto what he says,but probably because I'm kinda from the same side of the fence maybe,I dunno.
I am myself...Not "one of'THEM'".
I usually don't get any grief and get respected as I do respect others when I go down to a river edge and get ready to toss a line.
I have meet quite a few people on the rivers and ocean that are on here and fish BC.They usually bring so'om up bout these forums and I usually never say who I am,and most encounters are pretty intresting in discussion as we toss our lines.
It's too easy to type up thoughts at the moment here,things you'd never say in public one on one.
I believe nothing political can ever be solved on internet forums no matter what the topic,just people getting things of their chest,well thought out or not.

Well thanks mods for listening to my concerns about where this thread was headed. I can see now that Sport Fishing BC doen't have any idea of what discrimination is, lucky for me I know someone who does the BRITISH COLUMBIA HUMAN RIGHTS TRIBUNAL. I have copied all 4 pages of this dialog and will be presenting it to them as blatent discrimination. Thankfully many of you have added your business links and such with your racial comments. It will make it easier to track down the worst offenders. I thank you for your imput!

Take only what you need.

Hmm. No one has mentioned to me any problems to where this thread has headed. It's far tamer then other threads that have started on this board. And I'm not taking threats towards SFBC lightly.

Goodbye FA and Robbert Warren. You will not be permitted access to this forum untill the issue with a Firewood scam on SFBC has been sorted out.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

There is coffee all over my d*** keyboard

Back