Songhees Sue for part of Victoria!!

quote:Originally posted by Poppa Swiss

you know, the first nations will never move forward as a people until they stop fixating on the past. There have been plenty of settlements and many of the first nations people still live in poverty, one more settlement isn't going to solve the problems.

If the first nations would look at where they are in 2009 and where they want to go in 50 years they could begin to make choices that affect the future. Instead they are stuck in a negative mindset trying to hang on and fix the past.

Its pretty sad really.

http://www.fishingvancouverisland.org - Win an 8-Hour WCVI Charter!

Well said PS. I'm tired of all the hand outs the FN are getting. Our government needs to wake up and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. If everyone else lived in the past we would still be playing cowboys and indians and we all know how that would turn out.

quote:Originally posted by The Fish Assassin

quote:If all first nations people had this attitude, Canada could be
a very unpleasant place to live.
Fortunately for the rest of us, both aboriginal and non
this greedy attitude does not prevail.

Oh so there was no greedy attitude when all the resources where being taken from the land? So there should be plenty of First Growth Forest left and lots and lots of salmon?.. Hmm where did it all go?

Take only what you need.
3641877346_d9919f98d0.jpg

Your people are LUCKY they are getting what they do. Your the only "people" to EVER lose a war and get compensated for the rest of your existance.

quote:Your people are LUCKY they are getting what they do. Your the only "people" to EVER lose a war and get compensated for the rest of your existance

Wow, is that what they teach you in school? Educate yourself, there was no war here.

Take only what you need.

quote:Well said PS. I'm tired of all the hand outs the FN are getting. Our government needs to wake up and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. If everyone else lived in the past we would still be playing cowboys and indians and we all know how that would turn out.

Turned out well for Custer...

Take only what you need.

quote:Well said PS. I'm tired of all the hand outs the FN are getting. Our government needs to wake up and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. If everyone else lived in the past we would still be playing cowboys and indians and we all know how that would turn out.

Turned out well for Custer...
FA… I know this is not all your instigating, but you need to stop it! And, quit your clouting you - are starting to sound like a complete arse!

That comment is like saying the Alamo worked out for the Mexicans – Remember the Alamo?
The battle of little bighorn had at “least” three Indian nations against approximately 200 of Custer’s men!

And it didn’t work out for the Indian, at all!
Right after that battle the remaining two Army columns, joined forces… and the Indians “ran”! And, that was the last time they enjoyed any kind of victory in battle! It was virtually the end of the Cheyenne and Sioux my friend… Not their victory!

The Black Hills dispute was quickly settled after that, by redrawing the boundary lines placing the Black Hills outside the reservation and open to white settlement. Within a year, the Sioux nation was defeated and broken. "Custer's Last Stand" was their last stand as well. As, that was all about the Black Hills and the Indians “sacred” land, I would say they “lost” big time!

They won one small battle and most definitely “LOST” the war! That is not a good example to use!
Plus, after the battle, the Indians came through and stripped the bodies and mutilated all the uniformed soldiers,… not something to be proud of, is it?

Maybe we should call things even for Bear River?
That was the largest Indian massacre in the history of the United States. The Shoshone lost 400, and mainly women.

I don’t think either should be brought as a reference, your context or considered “bragging rights”, do you?

Isn't there a saying "give them fish to eat for one day...teach them to fish to eat forever..." If we dont STOP giving them everything for free then were only PROLONGING the eneviditable....
Were teaching them how to treat us.......and the sad thing is the GOVERNMENT keeps on giving.....
ONE NATION, ONE LAW THE SAME FOR YOU AND FOR ME!

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

If they did get land back,maybe they'll throw the homeowners a new tax like they did in Musqueam.

Fishassassin, your a waste of time to reason with. Its FN like you that make the general public hate your people. Your just a loser that will get whats coming to him in due time. Karma will catch up with you (not hard to catch a sloth);).

quote:Isn't there a saying "give them fish to eat for one day...teach them to fish to eat forever..." If we dont STOP giving them everything for free then were only PROLONGING the eneviditable....
Were teaching them how to treat us.......and the sad thing is the GOVERNMENT keeps on giving.....

Why bring communism into it now? I like the democracy thanks..

And way to publicly attack me.. are the mods even reading any of this? Hope for your sake we don't meet in a dark ally!

All you people make judgement from what you see or hear in the media.. what your friend, neighbour or co-worker says... where is this information coming from? Why not get the story straight... UNDERSTAND where the first nations people are coming from when claiming treaties and understand WHY they win.. Take the situation and look at it from both perspectives before speaking about a topic your not even clear on yourself.

Take only what you need.

If we did ever meet in a dark ally I'm sure you would be the one thats passed out drunk [xx(].

ROTFLMAO,,,ok boys, the bottom line is we are in canada eh, one nation so why dont you suck it up (fn) get with the program and become a first nation of givers,teachers and contributors instead of the smae old same ols ---our parents all have storiews where they lost ,,,,good and bad ,,,and if Canada is going to progress then we all have to be on the same page---CONTRIBUTING NOT ACCEPTING HAND OUTS FROM THE GOVERNMENT.---:)

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

We all know thats not going to happen Hootey. And FA if you dont drink, does this mean all your posts come when your thinking straight? Man, I hope you dont have any kids....

quote:Isn't there a saying "give them fish to eat for one day...teach them to fish to eat forever..." If we dont STOP giving them everything for free then were only PROLONGING the eneviditable....

Why bring communism into it now? I like the democracy thanks..

And way to publicly attack me.. are the mods even reading any of this? Hope for your sake we don't meet in a dark ally!

All you people make judgement from what you see or hear in the media.. what your friend, neighbour or co-worker says... where is this information coming from? Why not get the story straight... UNDERSTAND where the first nations people are coming from when claiming treaties and understand WHY they win.. Take the situation and look at it from both perspectives before speaking about a topic your not even clear on yourself.

Take only what you need.

Pretty sure nobody is posting opinions off hearsay. Most see it and feel it daily. This money they keep winning from the government is not coming from all the fish/land that was "stolen". Its coming from hard working people doing their jobs.Think about it? Everytime they find something new to win your reaching into their pocket and taking THEIR money. Thats why solutions need to be found.

The reason why they keep winning is because no politician wants to tackle the problem head on or question it. Most likely they will be called a racist and get ripped apart.Thats basically what it comes down to.Cool heads and big changes are needed but you know as well as i do that this is not going to happen anytime soon.

I still dont get how a race of people can say they own something over another race in this day of age? Unreal .

Maybe FA should give back first what HE has stolen, for instance some paid firewood! Thief! Lowest of the lowest creatures to steal from a fellow fisherman [xx(] This attitude of taking for free from all and everyone has consumed his life. [xx(] What a disgusting character. His band should just kick him out - he is a shame to them and us all. [xx(]

Ive heard about the firewood thing from a few people now. Not suprised at all, you can tell what hes like from his moronic posts. Like a guy said earlier, Karma will catch up with him[B)].

quote:Originally posted by Fishalot

If we did ever meet in a dark ally I'm sure you would be the one thats passed out drunk [xx(].

Wow! You bring a really convincing, well thought out argument to the table. Bravo for applying logic and intelligence in forming you comments. Thanks for taking the high road and not saying something stupid or racist, or both!

The worst day fishing is better than the best day working...

Back