Sometimes It's Just Like God Is Goofing Around With His Finger-painting Kit...

thanks for the inspiration Lippy..........zoom and crop "super" moon

DSC_0490.JPG

Here's a shot I took early one morning when the Sun's angle against a dark sky background lent a distinctively golden hue to this tree, known as the "Marker" tree in the Tyee Pool. You'd best be turning out by the time you get opposite it or you'll be dragging bottom quickly.
I think it should be called Egan's Tree now as the memorial bench for Van and Maxine Egan sits under it, but then I'm slightly prejudiced too.

Take care.

BootyCouch002-1.jpg

This is my pal Pete next to a large Douglas Fir that resides in his yard. It's been topped at about 100' up and if you've been to Painters Lodge you'll most likely have seen this tree next door.
Note where he has parked his camper.....away from the table top the local Eagles use to dine on and away from the poop landing area too, which is below the other side of the tree.
See where the nose of my car on the left is?
That's not where it was a couple of hours earlier, rather it was nosed up to about where Pete's feet are in this pic.
Bad place to park as it turned out.
Seems Mr. Eagle had a rather prodigious dump while Pete and I were on the front porch and the dump landed square upon the roof of my car.....whereupon it splattered into several thousand bits and pieces which spread themselves in a most artistic manner over all the rest of my car.
Cost me $12.00 at the local carwash but I now know where not to park at Pete's place.

Take care.

MayStuff001.jpg

[vxVlN-LzIks] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxVlN-LzIks

Took the wife down to the beach last night and we took some pictures....

There was a half dozen of these guys

IMG_3074.jpg

They would sneak out of their hole

IMG_3080.jpg

Make it a few feet on to the rocks, lie down, then bogey right back to the steps.

IMG_3087.jpg

Then they got brave

IMG_3093.jpg

and booked it

IMG_3097.jpg

These guys kept walking towards us...

IMG_3107.jpg

Then realized it probably wasn't a good idea

IMG_3111.jpg

We did some fishing but there really wasn't anyone home

IMG_3105.jpg

A nice night at the beach though (there's a hooker in this pic)

IMG_3113.jpg

Admins.... sure would be nice to be able to do more than four

Last edited by a moderator:
What the hell else do you do on a beautiful Saturday night?

IMG_3126.jpg

IMG_3168.jpg

IMG_3171.jpg

IMG_3173.jpg

Yup, nice pics Lippy. Love watching the otters, the steaks....mouth-watering.

Nice picture Sylvan - where is that?

wtf dave ****. am I the only one that thinks salmon belly is the best part? lucky seal

is that mirror so you can drive and watch your rods at the same time? ive never seen that before.

wtf dave ****. am I the only one that thinks salmon belly is the best part? lucky seal

is that mirror so you can drive and watch your rods at the same time? ive never seen that before.

LOL... I was thinkin... Damn... So you are going to train them to eat hali bait... This outta be fun.

Like the mirror shot

There was a couple kids on the dock that were checking out the seals and I thought they would enjoy a closer look so got my buddy to toss some salmon belly to them. Maybe it will keep this guy off the bank if all he has to do is hang at the dock for good eats.

Mirror is for watching starboard rod while driving. Cheap cyclist mirror from bike shop. Learned that from Englishman. Damn starboard rod is always an ackward rod to watch.

couple of my favs - posted 1 or 2 before
Backside Malcolm Island
205177_5161485657_622875657_97153_2220_n.jpg

Looking towards Campbell River flyiing from Powell
196371_5161530657_622875657_97164_5836_n.jpg

From my old house
5660_113057490657_622875657_2706378_662368_n.jpg

5660_113442820657_622875657_2714009_6153979_n.jpg

Back