something stolen, something else found

salty-dog

Yesterday, as I was preparing my boat for a day on the water, I found someone stole the 6 gallon portable fuel tank off my boat, in my carport. I ain't happy about that. If anyone runs across it, please let me know. Its a Seasense with a fuel gauge cap. The lens is hazed over so I marked the 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 and marked an "E" and "F" with a permanent marker. The tank was one thing, but it was also full of fuel-- cost as much as the tank.

After rectifying the tank issue, I made it out for a great day of fishing.

I did find a crab trap, however, with the rope and buoy on some rocks of a tiny island. The trap is a common one except it is black. The rot ropes are pretty well shot out, one is missing. Not measured, but would guess about 75-100ft of rope in rough shape. The buoy is bullet shaped painted, and has a number branded into it. The five digit number is 2***1. If you own this trap, please pm me with the missing numbers and color of rope and buoy. I'd like to see something get back to it's rightful owner.

Where are you located salty-dog? I came home from a few days out of town and found my kicker tank stolen out of my boat in the driveway as well. It was a small 3 gallon Moeller tank which just perfectly where I kept it. They came prepared and had something with them to cut the hose with, which I'm happy about as it means I didn't have to replace the priming bulb and outboard fitting end. I am in Maple Ridge btw.

Where are you located salty-dog? I came home from a few days out of town and found my kicker tank stolen out of my boat in the driveway as well. It was a small 3 gallon Moeller tank which just perfectly where I kept it. They came prepared and had something with them to cut the hose with, which I'm happy about as it means I didn't have to replace the priming bulb and outboard fitting end. I am in Maple Ridge btw.

I am in Nanaimo.

Yesterday, while at the dive shop, a bike cop came in and was telling the store owner that some stuff was recovered from a crack house a few blocks away { between my place and the dive shop}. I told him about the tank incident and he said to report it because there was a "couple truck loads of stolen property found". I guess time will tell if my tank is in the mix.

In my case, it was odd in that the crook used a screwdriver to loosen the clamp and make off with the tank- even left the clamp on the hose- such a nice guy he is-- so it was a simple replacement deal. Normally, I feel safe about the boat being in carport and I don't live in a bad area so excepting rods and reels, I pretty much left everything in the boat-- all safety gear, tools, electronics, hand held radio... even had an extra, brand new, fuel tank next to the boat. All unsecured- and left behind.

I can publish that now because it ain't that way no more. Everything is off the boat and locked away in storage inside the house and the boat has two motor locks, hitch lock, safety chain lock and the axle is chained and locked to an in-ground anchor deeply embedded in cement. I also installed two trail cameras and a live, recorded feed video camera.

Sad we have to do this crap.

Back