Something different Prairie fishing

Nice fish...
Zippermouth lake? hehe

Great fish! I still feel passionate about fishing northerns and maintain a healthy respect for catching quality walleyes like that!! Walleye to this day are still my favourite fish to eat. I grew up on a lake in AB that had that level of quality. So blessed. However I could do without the ice fishing but ether way the tug is the drug. I would much rather hunt northerns on the fly over steelhead any day as strange as it may sound. I have my reasons.

Last edited:
12 pound 2 ounce walleye best so far.
Love ice fishing and targeted northern really bad this year. Biggest northern was 21 lots of them between 14 -19.
I'm the other way I would rather go to the ocean for salmon or chase steelhead because I go after walleye and northern the whole year

Great fish! I still feel passionate about fishing northerns and maintain a healthy respect for catching quality walleyes like that!! Walleye to this day are still my favourite fish to eat. I grew up on a lake in AB that had that level of quality. So blessed. However I could do without the ice fishing but ether way the tug is the drug. I would much rather hunt northerns on the fly over steelhead any day as strange as it may sound. I have my reasons.

LOL I am the other would rather go for salmon or steelhead because I can go for the others anytime

Hmm Never measured it James lol. Catch and release at Wab. Wow, That's a hog Prairie.. We use to do a lot of fishing and camping there and other lakes around there when I lived west of Edmonton. I was in town visiting family that week. Lucky enough my nephew was home at the same time.. Awesome day of fishing.

Back