So where is all the fish picts and reports??

Sitkaspruce

I was away from this site for about 6 months and came back to....it seems....and much more subdued crowed.

I know the stickys for certain areas, but even then, when you read them, there is very little in the way of pictures, mostly just friendly banter and the odd report.

I was looking at some old posts from a few years ago and earlier and there used to be lots of success stories with pictures and reports, lots of friendly bantering and shots at each other in a friendly way.

Now it seems we are more involved in political arena, bitching about DFO, Fish farms, each other and strangers and being pretty tight lipped about our trips out in the deep blue....especially the guides, which I can sort of understand, but it is sure a lot quieter than in the past.

Is it getting that bad among us that we don't want to post up success stories and show off what we caught, are we becoming our own worst enemies??? Is it getting so that we cannot post up a picture of a 150 lbs hali, 30 lbs ling, a bunch of big springs or a good day on the water with a mixed bag of fish without a fellow fisherman jumping up and down and ruining it for the poster?? The old Winter Harbour thread had 16 pages for the 2010 season, now it has 2.5 pages and is mixed in with Hardy for this year.

Fishing is supposed to be about having fun, relaxing and enjoying something that a lot of us are lucky to be able to do. Yes it might be in trouble and we do need to stand tall and be counted, but we also need to recruit a younger generation that will carry the flag for us while we enjoy our last few years on the water. I just do not see us doing that with more negative stories on here than positive.

I will now step down from my small wooden box....I just had to ask/vent....

After all it is just fishing......

Cheers

SS

oh, and I have been out a few times, but not a lot to show so far this year, but the season is just started.

Where are your pic's this year Ken? Ha ha. Just kiddin man as I know you post up some great photos and experiences. I hope you get out lot's this year and I look forward to your reports and pics as always. I still have to get my butt up Island and try fishing your waters one day.

Great post and I have noticed the lack of photos as well. Thanks for your positive input on here and I agree fishing is supposed to be fun and something we enjoy and share.

Cheers,
John

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to figure out how to post pictures. When they upgraded the site I haven't been able to get my picture up beside my name.

Gimme 2 weeks Ken and I'll have one up from my annual Mancation in Tofino, with Kyuquot a month after.

Unfortunately as I was offered a great new job I haven't had much chance to get out locally.

Where are your pic's this year Ken? Ha ha. Just kiddin man as I know you post up some great photos and experiences. I hope you get out lot's this year and I look forward to your reports and pics as always. I still have to get my butt up Island and try fishing your waters one day.

Great post and I have noticed the lack of photos as well. Thanks for your positive input on here and I agree fishing is supposed to be fun and something we enjoy and share.

Cheers,
John

Here's one for you John

Last weekend, a trip of exploration and fishing some new areas. A 32 spring, a 35 hali, 26 ling and a china that went with the fresh crab and prawns.

P7010054.jpg

a double header

P7010053.jpg

I will start to post up as I am off all next week and will be out chasing some food.

Cheers

SS

Awesome Ken!!!!. I love that mixed bag fishery you guy's always seem to get up that way. Great pic's. Nice fish man:cool:.

I will be up in Port McNeill area starting Aug 1. Hopefully the timing is good. First time in the area so lots of exploring to do. Hopefully find a few hali and salmon in the week I am up there.

Hey Mike_W

are you going to Scotia Bay? have you heard any reports? It's been real quiet from up there

Hey Mike_W

are you going to Scotia Bay? have you heard any reports? It's been real quiet from up there

No not at scotia bay this year. I heard that guys are having to work for there fish .... Should keep picking up though!!

That's my normal drill up there--work for them, but usually the work pays off. Wherever you're going, good luck to you. Seems like June was a banner year in some places, at least for hatch fish -- July will tell the story for the nate run.

That's my normal drill up there--work for them, but usually the work pays off. Wherever you're going, good luck to you. Seems like June was a banner year in some places, at least for hatch fish -- July will tell the story for the nate run.

I'll be up from the 9th until the 16th.
Good luck to you too!!

Notice a lack of reports from the guides on the North Island???? hehehehe-- read between the lines guys.... ( or check their web pages).

Back