Snowbirds on Sunday

M

Mrtrailer

I just got a call from partner saying there is a "no boat zone" from Vic. Inner Harbour to Trial Island for safety reasons.
He never told me source.
Anyone else hear about this? Will put a damper on my planned Sunday afternoon. Guess we'll have to go to Albert again.boring and too many dogs. :(

I've heard that if you stay just underwater with a straw when those birds go overhead you can swim right up to the stunned salmon and put them in your net.:)

There's definitely a no-go-zone and better to fish Sooke anyway IMO.

I talked to coast guard this afternoon about this. It will be from clover point to 6/10 mile south of clover point then west 1 1/4 miles to finylason point. Roughly 3/4 mile off of dallas road. They will also have bouys in place and notice to mariners. Shouldnt be that bad.

It was a great show out there as usual. We watched it from shore as it didn't look like very much fun on the water -- pretty blowy. Saw a couple mid-20' boats out there heading back to the harbour and they were getting pretty wet.

I took the family to the air show today.. got alot of pictures.. yes it was rough out there today, the wind was up..

IMG_3076.jpg

IMG_3074.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

Thanks for the Snowbird pictures, and thanks LOTS for the water pictures!! Now I don't feel guilty watching the boob tube instead of bouncing around. :D

Great pix, Rock!! Wondering, what camera did you take those pix with? My Snowbird pictures are crap compared to yours. I was quite disappointed with mine. Most are a wee bit blurry.

quote:Originally posted by kildonan

Great pix, Rock!! Wondering, what camera did you take those pix with? My Snowbird pictures are crap compared to yours. I was quite disappointed with mine. Most are a wee bit blurry.

I was using a Canon EOS 30D slr camera with a Canon 70-200mm pro lens ($2,000 lens) with 2 mode image stabilization with lens hood, it has extremely fast focusing and shutter speed, you can rapid shoot 7 shots per second.

If you were using a point and shoot camera your best bet would be to put your camera into the "sport mode" setting.. this puts the camera into a faster shutter speed giving you a better chance. Those were very tough photography conditions on Sunday.. the Sun was high and very bright.. was almost a must to have a lens hood to block out the suns glare... those jets move very fast in order to capture a shot your shutter speed has to be high and your lens has to be able to focus almost instantly.

quote:Originally posted by kildonan

I was using a Canon EOS 30D slr camera with a Canon 70-200mm pro lens ($2,000 lens) with 2 mode image stabilization with lens hood, it has extremely fast focusing and shutter speed, you can rapid shoot 7 shots per second.

If you were using a point and shoot camera your best bet would be to put your camera into the "sport mode" setting.. this puts the camera into a faster shutter speed giving you a better chance. Those were very tough photography conditions on Sunday.. the Sun was high and very bright.. was almost a must to have a lens hood to block out the suns glare... those jets move very fast in order to capture a shot your shutter speed has to be high and your lens has to be able to focus almost instantly.

Back