Skidegate or Bella Bella

So my wife took a new job. As part of her new job she gets to travel to different bands or aboriginal businesses in BC and present benefits renewals. She is going to Bella Bella at the end of July and Skidegate at the end of August. I'm not too familiar with the fishing around these areas. I'm getting to go on one of the trips. Which one would offer the best fishing? Is it too late in the season for quality fishing up there? Or will I still be in to pretty good fish?

Thanks
tt

So my wife took a new job. As part of her new job she gets to travel to different bands or aboriginal businesses in BC and present benefits renewals. She is going to Bella Bella at the end of July and Skidegate at the end of August. I'm not too familiar with the fishing around these areas. I'm getting to go on one of the trips. Which one would offer the best fishing? Is it too late in the season for quality fishing up there? Or will I still be in to pretty good fish?

Thanks
tt

End of July is prime time for Bella Bella area. I'd go there and give yourself a shot at one of the monsters migrating down the coast to rivers inlet.

Sweet. I had no idea it would be prime time. I figured I'd be late for the big fish. Bella Bella it is then. She's staying in Waglisla, but she said we'd move over to Shearwater for the weekend.

Thanks. I'm excited about going now.

You can probably rent a boat from shearwater or get guided by them or others in the area. Fishing is about an hour run from the dock. That is perfect timing for that area, you should have a great trip.

Back