Sirius XM Marine

BCTony

Sirius XM Marine

Is anyone using this – how does it perform in coastal western Canada?

its the cost of the sub that's the killer
but if your needing it for the west coast then a top asset.....

BCTony, I couldn't do without my XM radio.

Before I had my XM radio we started out with a stack of CD's at the beginning of the season, within the first week you wanted to make clay pigeons out of them and blast them. With the XM no matter what groups I have on the boat there is something to listen to.

When I bought my radio 15 years ago they had a lifetime membership. It was about $100 per year for a 3 year contract OR $400 for a lifetime. Duh.

So I've been using my radio for free for many years.

There are three places in Nootka that mine will kick out for NO signal. In tight against the Wall, half way down San Carlos and half way down Burdwood. It kicks out because it wants to see the south satellites so I can live with that.

Mike

I should have made clear that it is not in respect of music listening or radio that I am looking at Sirius but for weather reports and forecasting.

I have heard that Sirius Weather works great for US subscribers but not so well for Canada. The subscriptions for weather in the US appear more attractive than in Canada. For example the Sirius Weather Coastal package in USA is US$29.99 monthly while the only weather package offered in Canada is a wallet-sapping CAD$54.99 monthly. (These subscriptions do not include music which require another subscription).

Altogether the offerings for US subscribers appears better than Canada with discounted subscriptions available and introductory rebates for purchase of the necessary equipment module.

Last edited:
Planning a trip out west ? ....or just for skirting around local storm cells on way to Gabriola and locating temperature breaks off Bowen ? ;-)

Back