Sidney area in the summer

C

coho_killer

i usually make a few trips over in the summer to fish this area but the oly thing we catch on our flasher anchivie setup is dog sharks! I noticed this whole area is mostly sand bottom so a few times i've had success with anchivie jigs drop em right to the bottom and i've cought a few salmon doing this! I usually fish around vancouver in the chuck and was looking for some pointers for the sidney area on the island? Thanks in advance

CK

Most of the good spots close August 1st so check the regs first. If doggies are thick, try green/ white squirts and Coyotes Potential spots are the Powder Wharf, use squirts and drag the bottom Hamely point and Pender Bluffs can be productive for big springs vary your depths. Bluffs also can give up sockeye if open for them.
Good Luck

Most of the good spots close August 1st so check the regs first. If doggies are thick, try green/ white squirts and Coyotes Potential spots are the Powder Wharf, use squirts and drag the bottom Hamely point and Pender Bluffs can be productive for big springs vary your depths. Bluffs also can give up sockeye if open for them.
Good Luck

i'm headding there at the end of next month (may) not to sure what week but i'm gonna give it a go once again this time i'll pick up a few squirts witch if i'm not mistaken are smller versions of hootchies? every now and again we would stumble upon a few reefs that contain some nice ling and rock cod as well! ang certian color of cyote's i should be bringing? I'm guessing green/glow green/white? thanks again

CK

If you come over the end of May Fairfax Pt, (Morsbey Island) produces as well does Hamely Pt. Anchovie works then as doggies don't start showing up till late June in big numbers.
Squirts and hootchies that work, Irish Mist, Purple Haze, and J79

Also the season for rock cod and lings is closed til June15

Back