Should I be lubricating my flasher swivels?

Fasty

And if so, with what?
Some of them seem a bit sticky

also, do you ever try to bend the flasher to change the action?

i fish hootchies a lot and never ever oil the bottom swivel. makes the hootchie bounce around a lot more

If you have two objects that swivel, join, rub or move against each other lubricate them all the time, full time. Doesn’t matter what it is.

I lube my swivels after washing and before storing the flashers for the season and once again when getting ready for the season.

Oh and never mind WD that’s for town kids use the real stuff. Buy some Marvel Mystey oil and put it in a spray bottle for yourself.

Yes the fish don’t seem to mind WD-40.
Isn’t it water soluble though? I know I can wash my greasy hands with it, so it is a de-greaser too. It might remove what little lubricant you had left in the swivel. I would look for something else to use.

I don't do it often or anything but maybe once a year, I'll throw a little wire hook in the drill, spray a bit of WD40 in the bottom of a yogurt container or something, and soak all the swivels overnight, and then put the hook through the swivels one at a time and spin them for a bit.

It's probably pointless but I just figure it'll burnish any little bits of corrosion off the surfaces, and keep the action smooth.

Anyway, maybe once a year I'll dunk them.

Back