Shore Fishing for Coho Done Right

spring fever

Hats off to a fly fisherman off Saratoga Beach this morning-a real 1st class example of catch and release done correctly. Having my morning coffee watching the fly fishermen through the mist is a nice way to start the day. Flat as a mill pond-eerily still-not much showing.
I saw this fellow hook up, really evident he knew what he was about-the coho fought well-lots of runs and jumps but in the end beached-unhooked-a quick picture by his buddy and a quick release. Beautiful 8 or 9lb coho-chrome bright-I only hope to be so proficient and sportsman-like. Great Job!! Time to dust off my waders!!

Hats off to a fly fisherman off Saratoga Beach this morning-a real 1st class example of catch and release done correctly. Having my morning coffee watching the fly fishermen through the mist is a nice way to start the day. Flat as a mill pond-eerily still-not much showing.
I saw this fellow hook up, really evident he knew what he was about-the coho fought well-lots of runs and jumps but in the end beached-unhooked-a quick picture by his buddy and a quick release. Beautiful 8 or 9lb coho-chrome bright-I only hope to be so proficient and sportsman-like. Great Job!! Time to dust off my waders!!
PM sent

I see that you can keep 1 wild coho now till the end of the month.

Got my notice of the opening from DFO. Obscure?
It's obscure because if you just look up the fishing guide it makes no mention of it-hatchery only-plus lots of mention of DNA sampling in the notice which might lead you to believe that this is the only way you could take a wild fish. Not easy to know about unless you get regular notices.

You are right. At this point in time if you don't get the notices you are hooped. The guide is general and that is all it will ever be.

Back