Sherwood Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone who takes their boat to a marine mechanic expects anything to be fixed cheap. If they do, the must be new to boating.

I know Rodger from working with him at Sherwood many years ago, he's a good guy. As has already been said he deals with a lot of riff raff coming through the lot so until he gets to know you it might seem he isn't taking you for real.

Everyone that goes there for repairs or service feels they should be priority, and that the techs should be able to fix issues everytime perfectly and instantly for cheap. Well if it were that easy, they wouldn't have brought their boat there for service in the first place.

So if I walk in the door interested in a purchase or service I'm riff-raff until he gets to know me? lol . Sounds like service is lacking at this shop. Hearing stories like this makes me very glad I have a reputable dealer to work with.

Dam strait at 100+ an hour plus shop supplies and little crap and large over head should demand perfection. If I don't get this at any boat, rv , car dealer I don't go back. Most places cannot offer the quality of work myself and or my bro can do to our cars and toys. I will only go for certain fixes. Mainly warranty lol or items I can't do.

So if I walk in the door interested in a purchase or service I'm riff-raff until he gets to know me? lol . Sounds like service is lacking at this shop. Hearing stories like this makes me very glad I have a reputable dealer to work with.

Happens all the time in Richmond at the Yami dealer, I went to buy a 200HP new and the only thing the guy did was open a book gave me a price and closed the book and walked away , WTF, I left and felt like crap, he'll never see another nickel of mine (since pennys are a think of the past). I later heard it was the son of the owner !!

Happens all the time in Richmond at the Yami dealer, I went to buy a 200HP new and the only thing the guy did was open a book gave me a price and closed the book and walked away , WTF, I left and felt like crap, he'll never see another nickel of mine (since pennys are a think of the past). I later heard it was the son of the owner !!

Yeah no kidding. Since when did the customer have to convince the vendor that they were worthy of making a purchase? Some people have it backwards these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back