Shelter help requested.

Olde School

Hello, everyone.

I am looking to buy or build a non-permanent shelter for my 21' boat.
The boat on its trailer, with a small amount of clearance, measures 34' long (29' excluding the tongue), 12' high, and 9' wide.

Canadian Tire sells a Shelter Logic unit that would fit, but that is $2699. If that would last more than 5 years in Nanaimo then I would consider it.
However, for $2699 could I frame something and cover it with fibreglass panels or galvanized panels, etc? I also wonder about using a combination of roof panels and tarp sides.

Thoughts?

Thank you.

Andrew.

I have a shelter similar to this one.

download.jpg

With this shelter I don't have to worry about wind, rain, snow or UV damage. You pay quite a bit more but you get a permanent structure that you can on day disassemble, move or sell. Also, no building permit was required to put up this kind of structure in my area.

Scaffolding and shrink wrap if you have access to the items on a job site. Sometimes pipe to pipe clamps are left behind or found in the bushes.... Buy a roll of shrink wrap double wide. Cheap enclosure

I just finished this one, it's about 23' long 10'wide and 12' tall. 4x4 post with homeade trusses, then tarped the hole
Thing. I ended up using cargo tarps(mesh) for the ends to stop pine needles and and driving rain from
Getting in. I think I'm into it for under $500 bucks
image.jpg

I wouldn't recommend shelter logic, and 2700 seems way to high. Had a few guys get them and they collapsed or ripped apart.

I have an arched one I bought from Adams Tarp and Tool in Duncan. The arched design is stronger for loads. I bought from tool store ,and a modified it with pieces of EMC tubing so I could lift roof up. It is hilti to concrete anchor blocks. The entire shelter cost me about $800.00 with mods and anchor blocks. Its lasted now 5 years and same original top. I live up in area that receives high winds and lots of snow in winter when we have any. I would highly recommend. Adams has one outside setup.

I built one using a used Costco Shelter. They are 10' x 20' but I used 2 old ones and added another section to make it 27' long. You could add another and make it 34'.
Also used 2" electrical pipe to raise it about 3 feet. Attached to a grid of 2 x 6 so it wont move and added a 30 x 40 tarp over the top. Works great and did not cost very much. Is easy to take down or move.

IMG_5877 (Large).JPG IMG_5879 (Large).JPG

I have the 20x12 shelter logic from Canadian Tire and I'm pretty happy with it. It take a beating from the wind and its help up.

I have a shelter logic shelter that I modified to be taller and it works well

Back