Shaw services

Anyone have knowledge about the jailbroken Apple boxes with XBMC? I'd guess they are like chromecast. I have heard about it but never meet anyone with one. I own a third generation box and believe it can't be jailbroken but one can buy a 2nd generation for $200-$350

FA I have been running a jailbroken apple 2nd generation for the past three years without a glitch.MOVIES, TELEVISION, PAY PER VIEW, all free (watch global in high def) its been great.Having said that I,m planning on getting a Android box namely SKYSTREAM X4 it comes preloaded with XBMC, NETFLIX, etc the best out there to my knowledge, makes my Apple 2 seem antiquated. Google it and check some of the demos on you tube. Cost $174 us , you won,t regret should you decide to buy one plus no more cable bills. cheers j.j.

telus???

I haven't signed anything yet, but at the end of it all
if i'm not happy i can switch back.

one is no better than the other in my opinion, neither one gives a $hit about you ,they just want your money !

Just Be careful, brother got telus and when they installed there stuff they cut out all of shaws cable stuff
Also there are very few optic wires in old areas, you are just running on reg. old cable and the computer is slow and email backs up.
He is not a happy customer.

Ok you computer guru's How does this work. Feel like doing a little tutorial on how you get this to work. I get netflex and my tv is wifi so if you don't mind share the knowledge

thanks

FA I have been running a jailbroken apple 2nd generation for the past three years without a glitch.MOVIES, TELEVISION, PAY PER VIEW, all free (watch global in high def) its been great.Having said that I,m planning on getting a Android box namely SKYSTREAM X4 it comes preloaded with XBMC, NETFLIX, etc the best out there to my knowledge, makes my Apple 2 seem antiquated. Google it and check some of the demos on you tube. Cost $174 us , you won,t regret should you decide to buy one plus no more cable bills. cheers j.j.

Does it stream gamecenter live?

Ok you computer guru's How does this work. Feel like doing a little tutorial on how you get this to work. I get netflex and my tv is wifi so if you don't mind share the knowledge

thanks

JDR.....what are you specifically looking to find out how "it" works?

Is your TV a "Smart" TV?

Yup Samsung smart, I was wanting to know how this free internet tv stuff works and streaming it to my tv. What is this "tvaddons" and" mashupxbmc"
Thanks for the reply.

I went from Shaw to Telus Optik early spring this year.

Couldn't be happier.

The only prob I ran into was when the Optik tech came to install everything. he ran a main cable right over the top of the furnace (touching it). I told him not to before he started.

He put my main PVR down in the basement for some reason. I didn't like that either.

So I phoned them up and they sent another tech ( this guy was an independent contractor that works for Telus). He redid the whole thing au-gratis and moved my main PVR upstairs where I wanted it.

Now everything is fine.

The original Optik tech was a bit of a dickhead when it came to explaining menu functions......like for instance the fact that everything in the t.v. guide, most channel numbers are preceded by (9).

Those channels are digital channels. To get HD you use the channel listed but take the number 9 off it.

He didn't know that.

I've found all sorts of added extras by myself from noodling around the menus........none of which were pointed out by the tech at the time.

"Bundling":-......I had to give up a couple of channels but I gained a few channels so it all worked out ok really.

On this rig, many of the digital channels (non HD) have a hefty black frame around them on the screen ( the HD channels don't). But I watch HD 99% of the time.

But if you hit the "Zoom 2" button on the Aspect Ratio menu it quickly makes it normal viewing. (Better than "stretch' on my old menu)

Now I get calls from Shaw sucking up and wanting me back......too bad!, they had their chance.

Up here here where we are that's not an option....They been promising telus optik for years.... They keep hounding me to put satellite in...I think will just cut it off a few months I really want to see if I will miss it.

C415, Use to have gamecenter on my apple but not being a big hockey fan I deleted it. If its not on the skystream x4 that comes preloaded then all you do is google gamecenter addon then download it on your system.JDR how are you planning to get it to your TV ?? using a tv box or thru your computer. j.j.

I have a Roku box running Plex. I use SickBeard to download all our tv series. I works great. A personal PVR with out comercials to skip through. Took a bit to get setup and running smoothly. NOT for the faint of heart. Just need to get GameCenter Live setup and I will be good to go. Just about ready to cut the cable. Still might miss the six oclock news though.

You can download just about anything for free;NetFlix,HBO, everyone is wanting in on our cable monopoly,even individual programming is knocking on the door...hold on and make due...buddy

Its so stupid you should be allowed to pick the channels you want for example... Shaw package stupid.. If you have HD what the hell do you want non-HD channels? I bet you everyone only watches 10-15 channels max...And then you pay for the rest all crap.

Shaw is clever its signs you on tiers than it changes the channels to whatever it wants. Yeah the broadcasters our trying to sue Netflix right now.. Why is it so hard to pay for just individual channels?

Im so fnnnsick of shaw! Where we rent the cable is divided between upstairs n downstairs tenants , everytime we want to add another channel it comes in a second tier or third.. Going to switch to optic Tv .. Telus give a way better rate and alot less BS..for what we pay now from shaw for internet and hd Tv for one tv we can get a pvr n 3 more hd boxes ( wireless) plus a 40 inch samsung smart tv.. Dont really need a fourth TV but what the hell... Bye Bye Shaw!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Telus contract sucks. Your trapped with no where to go. I had Telus years ago and quit. They sent my account to collections. Told them the matter was in dispute resolution. At that point collections can't touch the account. After everything that happened to cause my cancellation its was a wash. They closed the account and I never heard about it again. But they still send me stuff to sign back up LOL

Just a heads up: a buddy of mine is a "computer guy" and I was going to dump Shaw and go to Telus too. Then he told me that the Telus internet service is not very good; apparently quite unstable and slows down during periods of heavy use (like the old days of dial up)

Maybe things have improved but we decided to stick it out with Shaw for now. (Painful as it is)

My Telus internet and TV > Shaw. As mentioned the 3 year "user agreement" is a downer. Saving 50% over the first year, PVR and 2 wireless boxes was worth it so far. Only been using Telus now for 5 or 6 months.

Back