Seriously WHY Spear?

H

HOOTEY

If the FN are allowed to sell the salmon why spear when there are more humain and perfetiant ways of taking the salmon...

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

Roger that.
WhAt ?!?!?!!? more humane ways????!?!
What's more primative than using a spear????
LMAO

Me personaly ,i have no problem with spear fishing . It`s the nets that take huge numbers. Unless the waters are low , if they are the fish usually stay out

tight lines

The point is ^---Spear fishing is hit and miss and when you hit the wrong salmon intended for the salmon end up on the bank......whats funny about that unless your a FN that couldnt care less.....[:eek:)]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

Hey Hootey,remember the pics you posted releasing fish,first holding em by the gill plate for a pic? Now times that by many.Now think of all the salmon you and any river fisherman snags accidentally or on purpose flossing? So many salmon die without actually spawning,the stress of a fight in the river is to much stress on a percentage of the salmon to spawn successfully. Now how about the guys carelessly treading on spawning grounds and roaring up and down fish inhabited creeks with atvs and the like? Now ask yourself about the hundreds and thousands of wild coho released by us sport anglers looking for hatchery clipped fish? Then ask about the amount of winter springs released in local waters that are undersized? Some guys hit twenty plus a tide and lots are fatally hooked depending on gear? My point is we are all causing damage, myself on these horrible return years are wondering how any sportsman would want to put undue pressure on salmon once in the fresh water, targeting chinooks and coho on these systems? I think you and I have to look in the mirror before yapping at Indians with their spears.

They should get stain for using nets in rivers not spears. An individual can do way more harm with a net than with a spear. A hook or a spear...one says more sporting, the other says you torment and play with your food. 6 of 1 a half dozen another. I would say just get over the visual..that is all it is. In fact if they won't bite your hook try throwing the rod. :D

well said powder....

let them do whatever the @#$% they want..government and DFO have been letting it happen 4 yrs.unless we put all the gear down,and these *****s we got runnin the show dont put there foot down....WE R F@#$%D!!!!no.... salmon and steelhead will b taken it up the rear.
WE R ALL 2 BLAME.so lets stop pointing fingers here...its pissing me off.we r yet 2 c a post on here bout 'whiteys'talking bout'whiteys'releasing fish in the river 2 let them reproduce.NO!!!!its always FN this FN that.and then 2 c pics of fish being held by the gillplate..and the countless times on the flow i c 'whiteys' handling fish like its a chunk of firewood!!!picking up WILD steelhead by the tail and swinging it up in2 your other hand...only 2 be released and die.with absoloutly no conservation in mind!!!dont get me wrong..i kill fish all year round.BUT...i take only what i need.
so lets not 4get...its me..its you..its all of us contributing 2 this problem.
a falling partner told me once...we were put here 2 reproduce and self destruct...AND THATS EXACLY WHAT WERE DOIN!!!
shakes

spinnin pinnin and grinnin:(

I would rather see a spear fishery, you can't just leave your spear in the river for a few days and ruin your salmon. Besides, I think that a little more work for the catch may make the resource apreciated a little more.

If you ad the chance to huck a net out before work, and come home to pull it in, or have to work and wait for the right water to spear youtr catch fish by fish, how likeley would you be to over-indulge?

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

The only thing that bothers me about the spearing...... They don't seem to be that good at it any more. They really should practice or something. Was fishing below a guy throwing and would have to say after the seeing the number of bullet coho tumbling along the bottom past me, he must have missed 80% of the fish he poked. That seems kind of wasteful to me.

I just have to ask Shake... for us old guys.

quote:let them do whatever the @#$% they want..government and DFO have been letting it happen 4 yrs.unless we put all the gear down,and these *****s we got runnin the show dont put there foot down....WE R F@#$%D!!!!no.... salmon and steelhead will b taken it up the rear.
WE R ALL 2 BLAME.so lets stop pointing fingers here...its pissing me off.we r yet 2 c a post on here bout 'whiteys'talking bout'whiteys'releasing fish in the river 2 let them reproduce.NO!!!!its always FN this FN that.and then 2 c pics of fish being held by the gillplate..and the countless times on the flow i c 'whiteys' handling fish like its a chunk of firewood!!!picking up WILD steelhead by the tail and swinging it up in2 your other hand...only 2 be released and die.with absoloutly no conservation in mind!!!dont get me wrong..i kill fish all year round.BUT...i take only what i need.
so lets not 4get...its me..its you..its all of us contributing 2 this problem.
a falling partner told me once...we were put here 2 reproduce and self destruct...AND THATS EXACLY WHAT WERE DOIN!!!
shakes

spinnin pinnin and grinnin

Just what language were you typing???? [:eek:)]

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Hey Powder-shake a paw and any one else who wants to yap off,,,I am a Whitey that learns everyday how to treat out natural resource and once told is enough for me to learn how to handle and maintain out fishery, ask any one who fishes with me how i feel and treat our fishery here on the island,,,if you know how to take care of our fishery and still retartedly treat fish badly and hit or miss the fish your aiminf at damaging the fish you miss to the point they are crow/sea gull bait then shame on you --I personally do everything I can to release every fish I catch and never take any more than I use---NEVER! So to all you yappers out there as I have please post your mug on here and continue to yap off but at least we will all respect you because you have identified yourself and have manned up to your techniques.[^]

holy ****, chill out!

fact of the matter is, atleast in my opinion, is that spearing is a traditional way of fishing, so let them have at er. no sense bitching and complaining about it on here! I also agree that nets are way more damaging than a few spear fisherman on a river who miss greater than 80% of their shots.

you just looking to stir the pot? because seems like you have...

by the way, i choose not to post my "mug" on here when i catch a few mutt chums like you did a while back. no pride in that, but good on you for getting out there and having a good day?!

HOOTEY..chill...an opinion other than yours is not a personal attack against you. All it means is you have to do some more convincing to swing some peoples thinking your way. Lashing out with personal attacks won't do it.

YOU ARE CORRECT ,IT JUST PISSES ME OFF THAT I AM NEW TO FISHING AGAIN AND GET YAPPED AT BECAUSE I SEE **** EVERY DAY I DRIVE BY THE REZ BECAUSE I HAVE TO DO, IT JUST OOPS seems a pity that they get to sell aqnd still spear when a better way like catching fish legally should prevail,,,,one would think....[:0]

you are correct , but it just P-isses me off that becxause I am new again to the fishing here on the Island that they continuously have to yap about the past, i have learned now and do not handle fish improperly and I also didnt realise Chum fishing isnt the in fishery but as far as I am conserned they are all great creatures provided to us by the creator so why not treat them with as much respect as possible and would never throw its carcass on the side of the river.....[:0]

I think ya might be getting legality and ethically mixed up?
They are allowed to spear, legally. Wether its nets, spear or snagging its really more harvesting than fishing. I really dont care how they get what they need but it wastage that rubs me the wrong way

You seem so angry at the FN spears and the fish they injure, but have not addressed the fish you, I and all sporties injure legally angling with hooks. Do you not agree a percentage of released fish die regardless of how released? Just because they swim away does not mean they spawn successfully. Lots of stress on a near spawning fish such as the ones held up in the pics. You are frustrated maybe, others are frustrated seeing sportfishing on river systems such as the Nitnat during peak spawning times embarrassing as well. The chum run is very weak on this system this year we are told, yet guys are chucking gear in the water stressing these fish. I could have some sympathy for you if you recognized we, yes you, and I are part of the problem.

Back