Selling On E-Bay

profisher

Anyone have any feedback on selling stuff on E-Bay? I have quite a few older Yamaha parts I want to sell and need the bigger audience. Just wondering how it has worked for others before I try it.

I sold a radar and depth sounder a few years ago and it was easy and worked fine. I did not have a paypal account so I asked for a certified check before shipment. If you list parts as bid items, the bidding really takes off the last 15 minutes of your listing if a lot of people are interested.

Thanks..probably looking at having a set price and not auction. I have a gearcase and a power tilt unit that I will try first and see how it goes.

When I sold my units, I specifically said + frt. and depending on your location I will advise before requiring the cashiers check

I’ve had good luck selling smaller outboard parts like carbs coils etc but never seem to get my money out of the larger items. Shipping cost stops a lot of bidders I’m sure.

eBay is my go-to place to sell the strange parts that I’ve bought but never used. It would take years to sell a voltage regulator for a 40 year old motor locally. But if you have the part numbers on your eBay listing, people will find it.

I was thinking I would take the parts down to UPS and see what they would charge to ship on average to US. Thanks guys..good info

tell me more about your power tilt unit. i assume it's for a 9.9?

No its off a 1997 Yamaha 200 2 stroke...gearcase and power tilt units. I'm looking for another 9.9 with a bad powerhead though. I just sold one of my tilt units to a friend once he determined it would fit his year 150.

No its off a 1997 Yamaha 200 2 stroke...gearcase and power tilt units. I'm looking for another 9.9 with a bad powerhead though. I just sold one of my tilt units to a friend once he determined it would fit his year 150.
Shoot, I am in the market for 9.9 tilt unit. I was hoping I could save you some hassle.

I was thinking I would take the parts down to UPS and see what they would charge to ship on average to US. Thanks guys..good info
check postal service too. It is much cheaper to ship from here to you using them and maybe the reverse and they have a maximum box size that is a set price to anywhere in the country.

Canada Post provides a quote service so you can accurately price shipping in your eBay listing.

Make sure to put maker and part number in the listing header, people often Google search for specific part number. If it's from Sierra or other third party manufacturer, put the OEM equivalent part # in there as well.

I have sold stuff on eBay in the past but for the last couple of years Marketplace has been golden. Even unusual stuff goes in a day or two and occasionally at a fair distance. Usually enough interest that there's no dickering - take it or leave it, fcfs. Everything I've sold at a distance has been etransfer, paid for in advance. I have always used Canada Post for shipping. Some prefer to arrange their own shipping. I don't charge for boxing things up. I seem to have a constant supply of Amazon packaging to recycle. Unlike eBay, no commission and no hassle.

Back