Secret Beach Recreation Facility Development

Sculpin

The Toquaht First Nations are building a huge new campground between the original Toquart campground (that is shut down) and the Macoah village. I heard about this a few weeks ago. One of the local excavators was telling me about it and he said it is going to be a least 3 times the size of the original Toquart campground and they hope to open the original boat launch again next year. The old campground will remain closed.

I was just wondering if anyone knew any more about it. The only thing I can find online is some talk on a couple of kayaking forums.

I left my damn phone up there on Monday and had to drive up yesterday evening to retrieve it. Bart came along to keep me company on the drive. We decided to check it out on the way home.

Anyways, it will be interesting to see how this all develops. I would like to see a rendition drawing of what it is all going to look like when it's done. Like I said if anyone has some more information it would be greatly appreciated :).

Cheers,
Sculpin

Last edited by a moderator:
Naturally there'll be no Arsenic where they are building the new one..........???
Nothing to see here people........on your way and go about yer business...... ;-)

Actually I think the whole plan looks very impressive. I assume that this will all be on the ticket of the taxpayer?

It would be really nice if Bruce was the campground host just like the old campsite...........................hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yep , but then again, I would rather they spent it on something I may use one day that 90% of the crap they waste my money on......

true enough...

I find it kind of ****** that even though this is tax payer funded (im assuming) we are probably going to pay a ton to camp here .

Yep , but then again, I would rather they spent it on something I may use one day that 90% of the crap they waste my money on......

Maybe for a while until they stop (or never start) doing any maintenance

Back