Seattle boat show 2013

Sculpin

Well another year and another whirl wind trip down to the drooling station lol. I went over to the mainland on Friday night and crashed at Finished Business's place. We headed down early in the morning and met up with my buddy John Risser (aka the goatram from Bloody Decks). We shopped at Cabela's for a short while then headed down to Seattle.

I think there was actually more boats this year.

IMG_3882_zps92d0a5e6.jpg

IMG_3883_zps3271a133.jpg

I didn't take that many pic's of boats this year. I did get some shots of mostly aluminum's like these Duckworth offshores.

26' Offshore with medium cabin. These are nice boats and I really crawled around in them this year. They are well built and have quality wiring and components in them compared to some of the other production aluminum's out there.

IMG_3822_zpsd7984f21.jpg

IMG_3821_zps2e86bfde.jpg

24' short cabin.

IMG_3826_zps30593bd2.jpg

While I was crawling around the Duckworth leaving a drool trail everywhere Nick was doing some Finished Business over at the Evinrude booth.

IMG_3832_zpscf25e1c2.jpg

You look stressed out buddy.

IMG_3833_zpscdf1149e.jpg

The deed is done. That's better. Congrats man. Your boat is literally going to fly!

IMG_3834_zps284b0c8b.jpg

After all that stress FB went through a cold beer was needed at the American/Canadian SFBC Seattle Boat Show get together.

IMG_3846_zpse772559a.jpg

It was very cool meeting all folks there. Nice to put a face to the name and have a quality bs session with like minded individuals.

After lunch over at the Glacierbay booth whyknot was looking to upgrade I think lol (I don't know I just snapped the pic for proof just in case ha ha).

IMG_3849_zps3ea8f77c.jpg

Then I saw him over on a SeaSport Kodiak. So many boats so little time. Those SeaSports were pretty nice.

IMG_3851_zpsc2d9e946.jpg

The shining jewel of the show. This Oceansport Roamer 33' is hands down the best combination for fishing and comfort of any boat at the show. The fish hold in this boat is something that has to been seen. I was so in awe I forgot to take a picture of the hold.

IMG_3855_zps419e1cf5.jpg

Right next to the Oceansport (oh yeah it was 400 grand and it was sold) was a 33' pursuit with twin 350 yammy V8's hanging off of her. It was just under 400 grand and sold as well!!!

IMG_3857_zps53827095.jpg

Continued......

Last edited by a moderator:
This big Armstrong Catamaran was pretty impressive to say the least. It was more up my ally being alloy and all. It was less money than the pursuit and FB and I were pretty shocked actually on how much less.

IMG_3878_zpsd672045f.jpg

Goatram in the red jacket in front of the big cat.

IMG_3869_zpse2607986.jpg

If the rear deck was bigger this would be one awesome tuna machine.

IMG_3866_zps71d7362d.jpg

Twin big Yammies with a 20 horse kicker in the center. Dual controls at dual helms. You can operate anyone of the motors from two stations.

IMG_3865_zps7e3d8b66.jpg

IMG_3864_zps5bffb419.jpg

Now that's an anchor winch!!!!

IMG_3860_zps89460302.jpg

IMG_3863_zps838938c7.jpg

Of course you need a hydraulic power pack to go with it.

IMG_3859_zps2871ec8a.jpg

Moochie II.

IMG_3862_zpseef8fef9.jpg

IMG_3861_zpsbe9914ed.jpg

Here is a couple of go slow boats lol.

IMG_3873_zps1effb822.jpg

IMG_3874_zpsfbcd9314.jpg

This one I hear is really slow ha ha.

IMG_3875_zps814053e6.jpg

I took this one for nautigirl :cool:.

IMG_3872_zpscf10b1a0.jpg

Goatram and Finished Business taking a load off there feet at the Bentley booth.

IMG_3870_zpsc027a3af.jpg

Continued....

The goatman is an awesome guy. He put Nick and I up for the night at his place. He is building a 30' aluminum tuna battle wagon. This was the part of the trip I was most looking forward to. Visiting with my buddy and checking out his new gal.

He barely fit's it in his shop (and his shop is huge!).

IMG_3886_zps264e04c5.jpg

IMG_3887_zps560afd31.jpg

IMG_3890_zpsc6aa97c2.jpg

Him and his son have been building her. He bought the hull and cabin shell already put together and has modified the cabin to suite his tall height. He built all the tanks, floor support structure, floor, etc. He is starting on the interior right now and I can't wait to check her out when that's all put together and the floor is down with the hatches in place etc.

He has been doing her up right with double fuel tanks, nice sized fish hold, wire chases, etc.

IMG_3889_zps1517b0e3.jpg

IMG_3894_zpsb1f03ca6.jpg

The cabin is quite spacious. He actually cut off two feet from the original design to gain more fish deck space (I like his thinking lol).

IMG_3895_zps009b4350.jpg

IMG_3896_zps62823909.jpg

IMG_3898_zps3b49ba5d.jpg

Very cool project. The guy is an inspiration for sure. I just have to get off my butt and build a bigger one!!!

After having breakfast with John and his wife at IHOP, FB and I headed north for the border. We made a couple of stops along the way. First stop was Holiday Sports. This is one packed store with lot's of fishing tackle. I picked up some tuna goodies in there.

We then stopped in Bellingham and went to Redden Net. Cool store with tonnes of marine hardware and clothing. We went to the Web Locker restaurant for their famous clam chowder. On the drive through the harbour and marina's we spotted this brand new commercial boat.

IMG_3914_zpse22f70b9.jpg

Jet drive to boot!!!

IMG_3915_zps6336a541.jpg

I think they were still rigging her as it looked like it had never been in the water yet. I bet it goes pretty good for her size.

IMG_3917_zps49b59340.jpg

We crossed the border and then headed over to FB's shop to check out the Bad Habit's. She is a lot bigger than I thought from the pictures I have seen. Cool project for sure. She is going to literally fly with the new 250 eTEC hanging off the back!!!

IMG_3919_zps4b34f621.jpg

IMG_3920_zps5cb52424.jpg

IMG_3921_zps8ab5ff62.jpg

IMG_3922_zpsdbbdac11.jpg

Your going to have the coolest and fastest Crestliner around buddy!

Thanks for coming on the trip FB. It was lot's of fun as alway's. If anyone else was down there and want's to post up some photos in this thread please do. If you have any feed back on any boats or observations from the show please post them up as well.

Cheers,
Sculpin

Last edited by a moderator:
nice pics, thanks for sharing!!....I love the pic of nick before and after the signiture!!LOL!!.......its only money buddy

Looks like a hell of a trip John. Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet up with you guys, we didn't get to the show until about 4 PM on Saturday. They had to throw us out at closing time. That Armstrong cat was pretty unreal!

Cheers

Thanks for the pics, to me I love the welding, and boat projects in progress.

Another write up by the master. Good stuff John.

It was a great show with plenty to see. Those pics look good of me boat :)

Can't wait to get er in the water. Thanks for manning the helm of this short trip!

Great pics of the boatshow and the aluminum "project boat",I'm heading to the show on wed ,to leave a trail of drool alround those pilothouse machines!!I love the "project pics",always looking for info for my "project",which will be a glass/aluminum project like "Bad Habits"

purchased a motor in the states?? warranty issues??

good pictures sculpin, it was a pleasere to meet with you guys and having lunch and beer together,
the picture in the GB booth yah i have decide no upgrade for the new one, mine is better for the tuna ground

purchased a motor in the states?? warranty issues??

i did not get any good boat show price, so no buy yet, about the warranty, looks like Merc give warranty if MP will rig it up,Yamaha has no problem, Honda no warranty, Suzuki no warranty
the best price Suzuki had with 6 year warranty but you have to take it to the state for warranty work , but 6 year is very promising

which will be a glass/aluminum project like "Bad Habits"

Bad Habits is an ALL aluminum project. The only glass close to my boat will be those in its wake ;)

I've been told I can claim warranty on both sides of the border with my new E-Tec....One hopes to not need it I guess, but it's got 5 years, unlimited hours, to work out any bugs. Happy about that!

Back