Seat opinions

Dirty_Oar

I'm looking at changing out the seats in my boat for a little bit more comfort and would like opinions if any of you guys have used these or not, and which is the better choice? I'm looking between the Wise seat and the Tempress seat. The wise seems like a great deal and will be cheaper as well as it comes with the pedestal mount. But I don't want to get it and be unhappy. Im sure the Tempress seats are good but will be a fair bit more money that I don't want to spend if its not needed.

Wise WD007-710.jpg This is the Wise seat.

Temptress 57010.jpg And this is the Tempress.

Oh man. Im home today with a bad back and this one looks like it may be a winner. Its a Tempress ProBax model. 441345618.jpg.png

depending on your needs.... or if it inside a pilothouse... wreckers have some pretty nice seats these days , HEATED leather seats from some higher end SUV's are going in my boat most likely next season.. i just keep looking for grey.

depending on your needs.... or if it inside a pilothouse... wreckers have some pretty nice seats these days , HEATED leather seats from some higher end SUV's are going in my boat most likely next season.. i just keep looking for grey.
Very comfortable, but I'd think the metal frame would start having rust issues before too long in the chuck. Just sayin, salt starts doing it's thing pretty quickly on stuff that isn't designed for the marine environment.

I'm looking at changing out the seats in my boat for a little bit more comfort and would like opinions if any of you guys have used these or not, and which is the better choice? I'm looking between the Wise seat and the Tempress seat. The wise seems like a great deal and will be cheaper as well as it comes with the pedestal mount. But I don't want to get it and be unhappy. Im sure the Tempress seats are good but will be a fair bit more money that I don't want to spend if its not needed.

View attachment 31145 This is the Wise seat.

View attachment 31146 And this is the Tempress.
Had Wise Seats in a couple of different boats and found they wore quickly with normal use. Moved to Tempress this year so hope they last longer.

Can anyone comment on these seats if using on exposed boat? They going to absorb a ton of moisture? I assume you guys are all using them on covered boats. I'm interested in a pair as the old Garelick's in the boat I bought are due for an upgrade.

I've left the canvas down and had them in the rain for a week. The water drained out of the stuffing ok but some moisture would spray through the stitched seams when you sat down for the next few days. Under your typical sumbrel top they're fine

I was referring to the tempress seats* not heated leather car seats

Thanks guys for some reviews. I have never been to the boat show before but was thinking about taking the ferry over this weekend and checking it out. Can you save any money making purchases like this at the boat show? Or is it mostly just if you're looking to buy a new boat?

index.php

10 years now in the striper , heavy use , still like new ,
highly recommended , especially for the price ,
me and my buds are 6'4 -230lbs , they hold up !!

fd

I upgraded my stock searay padded plastic molded seats with Attwood seats that have suspension built into the seat itself, its not an air ride, its their SAS system, but I put a lot of miles/time in my 18' and I feel ten times better now through and at the end of the day. I think if your spending the money anyway go with something that will make your day more enjoyable

Hi Dirty_Oar. Doubt you will save anything close to the ferry fare on these seats. I go to the Seattle show often & have never seen them at the show. I have the Tempress - very comfortable.

Nice idea, chev Denali seats with heat. Can't rust any worse than repurposed suspension seats from tractors. Now how do you mount repurposed fox float shocks to them?

Lmao... I didnt know what to expect. Just before they went out I was..... Man I wouldn't cross the wake when it only on the keel. 3sec later bye bye. Lol

Back