Seasport 22 inboard to out board

When margins are amazing on a heater a flood of competition will rush into the market, the main players in heaters caused their own problems. Tried and tested heaters are worth paying a reasonable premium for but unfortunately the main players decided profits were more important that customers. I wonder how long $100 heaters will be a thing, seems like dumping to but competition out of business, but maybe they deserve it. https://www.directparkingheatersettlement.com/

I bought a happy buy heater off Amazon. $127 plus taxes to my door. I already had a planar tank, new fuel line and new exhaust tube installed it was swap pumps and wiring. L bracket was the same. I did add the elbow with a drip tube
The happy buy heater was branded Vevor.

Where is your heater installed at and also where is the tank? I would love to put a diesel heater in my 24’ Sea Sport but just not to excited about having any diesel drip/leak in my boat cabin.

Where is your heater installed at and also where is the tank? I would love to put a diesel heater in my 24’ Sea Sport but just not to excited about having any diesel drip/leak in my boat cabin.
The heater was installed by the previous owner not my idea of a perfect spot.
Tank was mounted on the port gunnel behind cab. I moved the tank to my storage area where the engine was.
The heater is mounted in the port rear cabinet under the seat.

The diesel smell. Ahhhh yes I have it due to some poor judgement and a non functioning original heater.
Anyone have ideas how to get rid of diesel smell from a small mess I made on gel coat floor? Cleaned with brake clean and still has an odor

Believe it or not, washing your hands with vanilla will remove the smell of gas. Not sure how it would work on diesel on the gel coat.

Tank was mounted on the port gunnel behind cab. I moved the tank to my storage area where the engine was.

The diesel smell. Ahhhh yes I have it due to some poor judgement and a non functioning original heater.
Anyone have ideas how to get rid of diesel smell from a small mess I made on gel coat floor? Cleaned with brake clean and still has an odor
Yeah that is the hang up I am having on installing one. It doesn’t take much diesel to really stink up an area.

Try a kitchen detergent with an odor.

You could try some fast orange hand cleaner, I put it in the washing machine with my coveralls to get the smell of Jet fuel out.

Can’t you use kerosene instead of diesel in those heaters? It’s interchangeable in wallas and a few other brands. Way more expensive but easier clean up.

Thanks for the shots of a warm ocean, friendly smile and great local clothing.
Kerosene, diesel, jet A (very close to kerosene) and stove oil seem pretty interchangeable unless you're getting into lubrication quality. I would think diesel would burn the most "dirty"

Can’t you use kerosene instead of diesel in those heaters? It’s interchangeable in wallas and a few other brands. Way more expensive but easier clean up.

I've only ever used kerosene- my last boat was 5 years of kerosene on a espar d4- never had any issues and from what I've heard is it burns so clean there is no sooty carbon build up.

Tried some different fishing today
No luck but met some nice pelicans

Attachments

• IMG_8721.jpeg
    IMG_8721.jpeg
    348.7 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_8730.jpeg
    IMG_8730.jpeg
    387.7 KB · Views: 115

Try ground coffee. This was our go to advice for truckers who just hauled bagged fish meal in their vans or some other smelly product and were complaining about the smell left behind.
Spread it around in the area and let sit for a few days or so.

Try ground coffee. This was our go to advice for truckers who just hauled bagged fish meal in their vans or some other smelly product and were complaining about the smell left behind.
Spread it around in the area and let sit for a few days or so.
That is what the flight attendants use to get rid of the smell after a kid barfs everywhere on the plane. Learned that the hard way.

Some 'diesel' stoves have a switch that changes the combustion between diesel and kerosene -- they are close, but apparently the high tech stoves can tell the difference. I had a Toyo with that feature. Not sure about Wallas.

Back