Seasport 22 inboard to out board

salmonkiller01

It has begun. Engine out today
Hopefully everything else off the transom tomorrow.
Looking at that big chunk of iron makes me so happy I am going to outboards. I almost put a whole hour on the 5.0 before deciding to go bracket and outboards

Attachments

• IMG_3219.jpeg
    IMG_3219.jpeg
    387.9 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
It has begun. Engine out today
Hopefully everything else off the transom tomorrow.
Looking at that big chunk of iron makes me so happy I am going to outboards. I almost put a whole hour on the 5.0 before deciding to go bracket and outboards

Good for you. Yeah when you pull it's amazing how much crap there is with the inboard. You will have so much more deckspace and will not miss it. Not many of us would go back.

Whatever you do get a GOOD company to buid your pod .and dont take this the wrong way but dont use who duro boat used..

If you want a great guy who does awesome work pm me, he did mine and i highly recommend

E&D welding in whiskey creek They have built lots and he and I agree on design.
Not getting into the whole follow hull or step.

Side note, seasport loves tie straps. Omg tie straps every 2 inches on the inboard wiring. Painfull upside down feeling for ties straps. Rather pull the engine than deal with tie straps

E&D welding in whiskey creek They have built lots and he and I agree on design.
Not getting into the whole follow hull or step.

Side note, seasport loves tie straps. Omg tie straps every 2 inches on the inboard wiring. Painfull upside down feeling for ties straps. Rather pull the engine than deal with tie straps
They are great there!

All plugs cut ready to fill the holes.
Found a few more zap straps to cut. A day on the boat bent is a u cutting zap straps would not feel right with out cutting some
I envy you your project Ed , I wish I could have had the space and convindence on the hull of my boat as I would love to have taken on that project . I'm still looking for a new ride as soon as I figure out what I want

I envy you your project Ed , I wish I could have had the space and convindence on the hull of my boat as I would love to have taken on that project . I'm still looking for a new ride as soon as I figure out what I want
It is not for the faint of heart. I have done it before but never on a solid ready to use boat. This seems easy. Lol. how hard can it be

Last edited:
Back