Seasport 22 inboard to out board

Have you considered replacing the trim tab system? I had the same setup on my 24xl but one of the rams started leaking. I replaced the whole system with Bennett bolts as I couldn’t find replacement parts
Any feedback out there yet on the longevity and reliability of the electric ones? I’ve got it in my head that hydraulic is better but when you really break down the systems the hydraulic setup is much more complex in every aspect which would likely result in costlier repairs if something should happen which seems more likely given the components.

Any feedback out there yet on the longevity and reliability of the electric ones? I’ve got it in my head that hydraulic is better but when you really break down the systems the hydraulic setup is much more complex in every aspect which would likely result in costlier repairs if something should happen which seems more likely given the components.

Been running Bennett electrics for 3 seasons and Zero issues. Usually boat is in the water for 4-6months a year. Don't see any reason to use hydraulic if installing new tabs.

Have you considered replacing the trim tab system? I had the same setup on my 24xl but one of the rams started leaking. I replaced the whole system with Bennett bolts as I couldn’t find replacement parts
I did consider it however I have no access to that part of the transom. Unless I am
Missing a hatch
Hydraulic seem to keep working Not too worried about a small notch.

Any recommendations on powder coasters? Mid island?
I don’t know anything about them, i just drive by all the time. They might be associated with Express Custom trailers, not sure on that either.

I did consider it however I have no access to that part of the transom. Unless I am
Missing a hatch
Hydraulic seem to keep working Not too worried about a small notch.
I have the Insta-Trim Boat Levelers on my 1992 22ft and they have been trouble free for 31 years. Simple system, pump/reservoir, rams and rocker switches to operate. I would keep them.

Any recommendations on powder coasters? Mid island?
I would seriously consider not painting the pod if that the question here. I have the pdr pod on my seasport and the powder coat is starting to bubble after three years. I am actually thinking of having it taken off and leaving it raw. I think Wolf left his raw on his pod project looked pretty good.

If you powdercoat get primer. TPC knows how to do it. Another powdercoater is in Chemainus. He will primer but he doesn't predip.

If you listen to Profisher posts he is an example of a pod that was done properly. It should last way more than few years. It's done wrong if it's bubbling that fast.

Another road you can do is epoxy. Lots guys do that 2. Think you just paint that on.

Last edited:
I would seriously consider not painting the pod if that the question here. I have the pdr pod on my seasport and the powder coat is starting to bubble after three years. I am actually thinking of having it taken off and leaving it raw. I think Wolf left his raw on his pod project looked pretty good.
I’m going raw on my pod, I think it just always will end up looking bad eventually especially if it sits in the water. Too many dissimilar metals below the water line.

I’m going raw on my pod, I think it just always will end up looking bad eventually especially if it sits in the water. Too many dissimilar metals below the water line.
will you bottom paint it, or is your boat pulled out after each trip?

YES expoxy and then bottom paint have it on for 3 years now and looks as good as when I put it on just make sure acid etch, and use a palm sander and go every which way , then re acid etch and wash VERY VERY simple to do. Ive never seen a "good" powder coat after time its bubbles . IMO a complte waste of money you never see it anyways. put more money into other things. 1 ding and chip and your always chasing it.

1699649412692.png1699649430998.png

Going to paint it. Went on th hull truth and guys have had better luck painting an easier to touch up. Will go with the same barrier coat as wolf.

This subject has been beaten to death. I'm really surprised when you have industry guys on here telling you how it works and there is still a question.

6 coats of interprotect before you can put csc on aluminum. Will need a 1inch border also. Remember no more access to trilux in Canada. Unless you figure out a way to get it here. The paint sucks anyway

The pod I have has had the powder coat re-done once… but the boat is 32 years old next year. We sand blasted it, went through the proper dipping procedures, cleaned it and off gassed it prior to applying material. They put it in the oven bare to off gas it at 400 deg.. with a batch of other stuff,….,then it went in again with powder applied.

Back