Seafoam

scott craven

I guess it shouldn't be a surprise , but I went to pick up a can at crappy tire and it's $16.99 now.
Last time I bought one it was $12.99
:mad:

yes home hardware went in and bought a case

Yeah, my local home hardware has it at under 10 for the regular stuff.
Let me know if you want me to grab you a can. I can even get an extra 10% off on Tuesdays

Odd how the price of fuel gets a lot of blame or is used as an excuse.

My tractor used around 690 liters of fuel to go from Vancouver to Edmonton and back.
The point being that even if fuel doubled the cost, and added that to thousands of items shipped or kilograms moved it is split so the added fuel cost per item is quite minimum. Larger single items would be more BUT
Often the fuel surcharge is NOT passed on to the truck owner and the FS is used as a sales item.

If 15% of the total bill is FS and the load is worth a million dollars the trucker would be rich in ten trips.
Million dollar or more loads are very common and FS are usually more.
The truck would be lucky to see an additional 200 bucks.

I've always run seafoam in my 2 strokes. This video made me think about trying Stabil instead. I don't have any affiliation with this video but it was pretty well thought out IMO.

Last edited:
I’ve read that seafoam is not good for Diesel engines tho..
WEll a very well know heavy duty diesel mechanic ,when he fixed my buddys excavator bad fuel and plugged with dirty injectors dumped a whole can into his tank then gave him 2 more and said add it every fill ... says differently he had 3 cases of it in his mobile truck. and he says its the best product ever . I trust what he says Ive been using it for years and its really good stuff.

Seafoam… it’s the $h!t. Back when 2 strokes were the norm, I brought so many back from the dead with nothing more than getting fresh gas with seafoam to the carb you wouldn’t believe it. I even know a marine tech who ran seafoam/gasoline through every motor he had brought to his shop first thing as it would often correct rough idle, hard start and other carb issues.

Back