Scuppers

sir-vivor

Some times , when I do take people out, which I always try to avoid haha JK.
When I get two or three of us on the port stern together (where th kicker is mounted ) I get a bit of water coming in the scupper and those flap things dont work. So I'm thinking about these, anybody have them on and ?? or other recommendations

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210124-135818_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210124-135818_Chrome.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 139
Some times , when I do take people out, which I always try to avoid haha JK.
When I get two or three of us on the port stern together (where th kicker is mounted ) I get a bit of water coming in the scupper and those flap things dont work. So I'm thinking about these, anybody have them on and ?? or other recommendations
I was thinking of switching to those as well. I think it gets worse as the rubber flappers wear out.

My buddy just put 4 on his 2159 trophy today after we spooled his new braid and auto stops I had bought him for Xmas. Might be a couple weeks before we test them out because snow and cold forecast for a week or so. I'll report back

My buddy just put 4 on his 2159 trophy today after we spooled his new braid and auto stops I had bought him for Xmas. Might be a couple weeks before we test them out because snow and cold forecast for a week or so. I'll report back
Thanks Capt !
Hope to hear , how was the installation

Been trying to solve this problem for a few years. I ordered these this morning from TH. I couldn't fit the ping pongs on my through hulls...

I run the ping pong balls, put them on my old campion 215 and they solved the wet foot issue when you get too many people in one corner of the boat. i also installed them on my gulfstream last year as my scuppers are basically below the water line while not on plane. i think they are far superior to the flaps. Mine were SEA CHOICE brand , purchased locally from alberni industrial marine.

i make sure to back flush mine periodically as they do pick up pine needles and junk now and then. i also run a screen on the deck side of the drain.

good luck

I had scuppers on my Campion 602. With 3 guys in the boat always had water coming in Especially when standing in back corner by the downrigger. I ended up getting some large rubber stoppers at Rona and just plug the holes from the inside. Easy to pop out if you want the water to drain.

The ping pong ball scuppers worked perfect on my buddies 23’ trophy. Although he also had to redo his transom at the same time and he used the pour-in composite stuff that floats. So I’m not sure if it was the extra flotation or the new ping pong ball scuppers that made the difference

I had scuppers on my Campion 602. With 3 guys in the boat always had water coming in Especially when standing in back corner by the downrigger. I ended up getting some large rubber stoppers at Rona and just plug the holes from the inside. Easy to pop out if you want the water to drain.
Yup that's what I'm doing now

The ping pong ball scuppers worked perfect on my buddies 23’ trophy. Although he also had to redo his transom at the same time and he used the pour-in composite stuff that floats. So I’m not sure if it was the extra flotation or the new ping pong ball scuppers that made the difference
The ping pong ones still let a bit of water in and are noisy especially if at anchor

The ping pong ones still let a bit of water in and are noisy especially if at anchor
Or on an overnighter on the boat, was posted on Amazon, thinking might just not be for me. Back to the pressure plugs , no water and no NOISE. Those pingpong balls might just remind me of bingo , I dont go , just saying if I did Hahaha

Finally got around to installing these today. What a mother working in that tight space. Cutting that Grady scupper hose is a nightmare. It’s not flexible and it’s got wire in it. Anyway, they are in and I’ll test next week. Hopefully that pain in the butt water coming in thru the scuppers filling the rear deck is a thing of the past.

Attachments

• B0B9688A-369B-4993-A7EE-EE529503042F.jpeg
    B0B9688A-369B-4993-A7EE-EE529503042F.jpeg
    205.6 KB · Views: 200
  • D0A0DA39-F39D-49C6-AB6C-10D86EADA649.jpeg
    D0A0DA39-F39D-49C6-AB6C-10D86EADA649.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 183
  • 2859A05D-7F3F-4B5F-A8DE-1E78CCB7C6C7.jpeg
    2859A05D-7F3F-4B5F-A8DE-1E78CCB7C6C7.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 209
Finally got around to installing these today. What a mother working in that tight space. Cutting that Grady scupper hose is a nightmare. It’s not flexible and it’s got wire in it. Anyway, they are in and I’ll test next week. Hopefully that pain in the butt water coming in thru the scuppers filling the rear deck is a thing of the past.
What brand are they, Damn that's lots of room should look what I have in my 1996 Striper , makes a grown man cry
S-V

We have the ball scuppers. While better than the flaps water still gets in when the boat is loaded with fuel and people.
We push squash balls into the holes on the deck side while on plane.
Fits and Works perfectly

This is what I do and stops any water commin in when 3 of us over the stern quarter looking or fighting fish

Attachments

• 20210430_104611.jpg
    20210430_104611.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 20210430_104624.jpg
    20210430_104624.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 58
Back