Scotty Rigger Counter Battery Replacment.

Rockfish

Had an electronic counter die when we were fishing yesterday. Luckily, a new counter is among the spare parts we keep on the boat.

Anyone tried and had success at removing the sealing resin, removing the battery, sourcing a new battery, installing it and resealing the unit? Even if it is possible, is it worth the effort? That resin looks like it would be a lot of work to get through, and I wonder about damaging electronics in the process.

Scotty will replace that for free. I picked 2 yesterday.
Thanks, someone private messaged me with the same info. They have taken a picture of the serial number of the rigger with their phone and show that to the store service centre, which I assume the store uses to confirm the rigger is registered to their name. Next time I take the rigger into the factory service centre, (it is nice having it nearby) I may put the counter with the dead battery back in, so they can replace it while servicing.

You can just walk in to any Scotty service location with the dead counter and sn. Best to register the DR on Scottys webisite but not sure thats required. They fill out a form and hand you a new counter.

Back