Scotty down rigger keeps blowing fuse

Bad Habit

Scotty down rigger keeps popping 30 amp fuse first touch off up switch, 10 gauge wire, but line puller and other down rigger works fine all day on that plug,

I just had one do the same thing, metered the plug end and had a dead short (0hms resistance).

Pulled apart the plug end and all was fine, always worth a look in there. Pulled motor cover and found two of the relay connectors touching. Spread them apart, fed some slack into the inside of the rigger and all is well.

I seem to remember a rigger getting turned 360 on the swivel, guessing that pulled the wire and caused my problem.

I just had one do the same thing, metered the plug end and had a dead short (0hms resistance).

Pulled apart the plug end and all was fine, always worth a look in there. Pulled motor cover and found two of the relay connectors touching. Spread them apart, fed some slack into the inside of the rigger and all is well.

I seem to remember a rigger getting turned 360 on the swivel, guessing that pulled the wire and caused my problem.
I'll take a look at that tomorrow, I eliminated the boat side by using my other rigger and line puller off that same plug for days and no problems, right now running a circuit breaker in there so when cools it resets rather then caring a boat full off fuses

Back