Sand Lance Spoon

Andrew, my birthday is coming up. Going to give my daughter your contact info. Maybe a nice pack of sandlance, anchovy and herring spoons would make a good gift. :)

Awesome Andrew. Can't wait to get them. I have been cutting my own for a few years from coyote spoons. With the original AP I didn't have to anymore and now I may have a Sooke herring spoon to go with the needlefish.

Standing Ovation Sir.

As far as the welded rings go. They are no guarantee either gentlemen(ladies). I have complemented my AP collections with NOGs Needle for the last two years. Both are great producers but I had more trouble with the large welded rings of the NOGs spoon (three broken in total) than the spilt rings of AP.

JL

The tape looks blingy with some great colour selections. How are guys you finding the tape holds up in saltwater / teeth marks etc vs a painted finish? Is the tape adhesive activated with heat, or do you just peel and stick?

Here is a pic of one that I got back from Roy for a refurbish. The amount of tooth marks is pretty wild. Hopefully you can see in the pic. Aside from a bit at the tail, the tape is holding fine.

After applying I hit them with a heat gun and that really bonds the tape. It is not 100% necessary but does help.
bf25396c58048aa46215b0d7da26f0f0.jpg

I saw that spoon on Roy's boat back in the spring it was a lot newer looking glad to hear it's held up after all that dragging & chewing.

I've got one Andrew P that has probably been in 10 good size springs mouths.
Still fine no issues. Holding up well.
On the other hand i've hit maybe 4 springs with the painted rhys davis/now gibbs heads, just about done, very little paint left.
Couple of tooth marks and the paint peels off.

I snagged my sandlance on the bottom on the Flats on Monday! :( The leader snapped after we spend 15 minutes trying to retrieve it. RIP Sandlance, I hope your replacement will perform just as well as you did :(

Are these in stock at Sitka again yet? Last time I was there they were out. Hoping to grab a few for my sons 11 bday as all he wants is fishing gear!

Andrew, friend wants to order some Sandlace spoons but the Sitka web site is not showing your stuff. Should he email you at aptackleworks to order? Or is there a new web site where he can see the different patterns?

released a Pair of 28's a couple days ago, both on a blue Sandlance, No flasher, trolling slow. I bent the tail inwards for an erratic action.

or he likes to catch big fish in years to come :D

Well done Tim. Thanks for releasing some nice fish back into the pond!

We have our freezers full of smaller fish, so I only keep 8-9# fish to eat fresh.

I can justify Taking large fish if we can use it all, but if it might go to waste, it seems completely unacceptable.

Andrew, friend wants to order some Sandlace spoons but the Sitka web site is not showing your stuff. Should he email you at aptackleworks to order? Or is there a new web site where he can see the different patterns?
Email him direct and he can send you picture's of all the possibilities. He can then ship direct to you as well.

Andrew Paine aptackleworks@gmail.com

We have our freezers full of smaller fish, so I only keep 8-9# fish to eat fresh.

I can justify Taking large fish if we can use it all, but if it might go to waste, it seems completely unacceptable.
let's keep thread clean it's about spoons you don't want to impact chinook stay home and sell your boat. It's don't matter small medium or large you fish and retain you make an impact. Anyways Andrew I have a little idea I am going to test out a colour shortly been working on...

let's keep thread clean it's about spoons you don't want to impact chinook stay home and sell your boat. It's don't matter small medium or large you fish and retain you make an impact. Anyways Andrew I have a little idea I am going to test out a colour shortly been working on...

A little harsh don't you think?

Back