Sand Lance Spoon

I use a 44 inch leader troll from 2 to almost 3 mph

Trust me they WORK...
good luck wolf

Quick report on my first weekend fishing these spoons, they work... tried them Sunday morning kinda half heartedly because every new lure is "the next best thing" took all of about 15 seconds to hook the first one. The green one I painted was on fire!!! It hooked 8springs while bait hooked 4 and the paint looks almost like new.

Well I've tried both the blue/glo and green/glo out in Sooke with no luck so far. Tied with 42" and 50" leaders, and fished against anchovie I haven't had any hookups other than 1 pink.
Could someone post a pic of the 'Craven' mod please?
Funny thing is my new Gibbs 'No Bananas' spoon has been red hot for Pinks and a couple of Ho's
Help!!!!

post 332 shows what craven has done. swivel between lure and hook, covered by a piece of red uv tubing. Shrink tube also works, just do not apply the heat to it.

Do you have to buy online ? Or is there somewhere I can go look at these things
I have to touch look and feel before I'm hooked ...
And no one I know runs spoons.

Hey Mudshark, It looks like you are in Vic. I am happy to meet up and show some to you. I am still getting volume up high enough to fill stores. I prefer to do custom jobs for folks though. Fire me a pm or email aptackleworks@gmail.com. Thanks.

Do you have to buy online ? Or is there somewhere I can go look at these things
I have to touch look and feel before I'm hooked ...
And no one I know runs spoons.

If anyone is having a hard time finding these I know that the Home Hardware in Sidney has a few in stock still.

We have been in Nootka Sound the past two weekends with these spoons. I gave a few to another fishing buddy, our 2 boats have limited out and released several more fish, some voluntary and others not so much . Trolling fast in fact one boat asked in jest if we were tuna fishing... Andrew I need some more and will send you a note.

Can we get the die-cut stickers for these spoons? I have a half dozen of the original plain silver spoons and I'd like to colour them up a bit.

Franko

MILF (Man, I Love Fishing)

Used these on Sunday with 7duece, hooked 2 out of the 3 fish on them. Got sealed on the two fish, one took the flasher and spoon but we managed to get the fish back on the second one. Down to one spoon left. Email sent Andrew

Hey guys, im just wondering if anyone else is still waiting for fulfillment of orders placed through their crowdfunding campaign. last i heard from them they said they would have them all sent out by the end of july. ive reached out to them by email and received no reply, i PM'd Andrew P and no reply, and i tried calling the number on the last email i got and it rang a few times then i was hung up on. if its a production issue or whatever, thats fine ill wait, i just want to know its not lost in the mail or somthing.

Hey guys, im just wondering if anyone else is still waiting for fulfillment of orders placed through their crowdfunding campaign. last i heard from them they said they would have them all sent out by the end of july. ive reached out to them by email and received no reply, i PM'd Andrew P and no reply, and i tried calling the number on the last email i got and it rang a few times then i was hung up on. if its a production issue or whatever, thats fine ill wait, i just want to know its not lost in the mail or somthing.

I haven't received mine either. Not so happy about it as the chinook season is done where I fish.

I haven't received mine either. Not so happy about it as the chinook season is done where I fish.

Hey Guys,

The packages are all done up and Sitka is sending the rest out over the next two days. 31 of 55/8packs are out already and going in order of order that was placed. They all go by courier so none should go missing in the mail.

I personally appologize for the delay and hope it didn't cause too many missed fish. I have had quite a backlog to get caught up on(keep in mind this is not my day job and family gets in the way a bit too) and then a local shortage of materials pushed back even further. I'm all stocked up now and good to go.

Thanks,

Sounds great Andrew. I'm looking for the die cut stickers, but if they are not available I will go to the Yates store and buy. Few more spoons. Is there stock in the store now?

Franko

MILF (Man, I Love Fishing)

Andrew P.
Fished northern coho from Port Simpson to the Work channel and the Sand Lance spoon worked the best. Fishing wasn't the best either but when we found them your spoon collected 90%of them! We broke off a hook and a split ring on the top side, kinda weird....

Just side note, I flat lined a Lyman plug and nailed a few on the surface too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The split rings are crap. I have emailed Andrew about them. Change them out or add a swivel like Craven does

Nice work on the coho! NOTEd on the rings. Thanks!

Andrew P.
Fished northern coho from Port Simpson to the Work channel and the Sand Lance spoon worked the best. Fishing wasn't the best either but when we found them your spoon collected 90%of them! We broke off a hook and a split ring on the top side, kinda weird....

Just side note, I flat lined a Lyman plug and nailed a few on the surface too.

WOW such hard criticism

I LOVE this spoon all summer long Ive tried all differ colors and combos of what hes getting me to use at one point it was out-fishing bait ....I get a fish everyday on it so for me whos in the business to catch fish ill continue to use them. I have had one split ring straighten but that was a client a lil heavy on the rod with a big spring on it ... no big deal put a new one on and back at it.
even had Andrew on the boat this year and we did very well and got them on his spoons which was awesome to see....

Good work bud keep it up....

Wolf

Back