Sand Lance Spoon

Thanks Andrew, got my spoons yesterday. Will be putting them to the test tomorrow at Thrasher! Please thank Nancy, your wife for getting them out quickly.

Rigged with split ring up front, small swivel and rings out back with no 5 gamagatsu red octo hook with 6 foot leader the stainless sandlance was rolling real sexy behind the green onion flasher. Feisty 12 lb spring popped pin and made two screaming runs and two jumps airborne yesterday. It's going to be a good summer. Thanks Andrew!

Great to hear NautiGirl!!

Went by Sitka on Yates to-day and they had some in stock, as Andrew said. (They do not have them on their web site yet).
I picked up 4, and they had maybe 40 or 50, so hurry and get yours now!

Hope to try them around Sooke soon.:)

Just got my order today Andrew and they look seriously fishy! Between buying a cottage from your wife and you developing shiny new gear I may go broke....lol. Can't wait to give them a go in Renfrew this summer. Thanks!

Jeffywestcoast,

Fish Assassin has been kind enough to pick a couple up in Vic for you and they are coming your way!!

Thanks so much Andrew P and FA for making it happen , just adding some split rings and # 4 ultra point Mustad's this morning.. should be dragging them around by 1pm :) 011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you ready for it ???
7yqeda6y.jpg
Sand lance UV :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoping mine arrive in time for this weekend's trip. If so, they'll be in the water over Swiftsure bank on Sat. Otherwise, next week.

Gave the sandlance a go today. Nothing to show for it, but still looks pretty sexy! Slow day with only 2 springs on the Irish Crème. Wondering about adding a little UV tape to the Sandlance?

Gave the sandlance a go today. Nothing to show for it, but still looks pretty sexy! Slow day with only 2 springs on the Irish Crème. Wondering about adding a little UV tape to the Sandlance?

I've done really well with a combination of glow tape and uv moon jelly tape. This one that is 50/50 24kt gold (no joke, plating kindly donated by forum member wishing to remain anonymous) plated/stainless steel is ready to try this weekend;) And there are 4 gold plated spoons, along with 40 stainless in the prize pool for the SVIAC Derby this weekend.

image.jpgimage.jpg

sandlance spoon bling contest

I've done really well with a combination of glow tape and uv moon jelly tape. This one that is 50/50 24kt gold (no joke, plating kindly donated by forum member wishing to remain anonymous) plated/stainless steel is ready to try this weekend;) And there are 4 gold plated spoons, along with 40 stainless in the prize pool for the SVIAC Derby this weekend.

View attachment 12104View attachment 12105

I just got my order of spoons, thanks Andrew.
I think you guys should have a little contest for who comes up with the best paint / tape combo.
I know there are some very creative fishermen on this forum.

really .. you just tie to the split ring?, I am not sure about the swivel before the hook but I am keeping the one in the front for sure, hoping for the wind to die down so I can take em for a swim..the UV n Glow tape I bought are also on my two favorite flashers, I have teeth marks in both flashers so why not giver a go I thought...

Back