Sand Lance Spoon

I just bought 20 :)

If anyone else in the Valley wants to give them a try let me know and I'll part with a couple. Send me a PM or just call me.

Hey Guys,

Update:

My wife has been very kind to help me out with this project (until they are just sold through the sitka.ca online store and through wholesale channels). All of you that emailed fishing@sitka.ca should have heard back from her and we are shipping out a ton of orders this afternoon. For those who have contacted by PM, your orders are also going out, if they have not hit the mail already.

For those who would like to come pick up directly from me, I will be at home from 3pm onward this evening and open for anyone to come drop by, pick some up and chat. text 250-818-8145.

Thanks!

Andrew

Stopped by andrewp's place and picked up a couple, spoons look great, and much sturdier than the smaller needle fish imitations found at retailers, excited to give them a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the spoons , it was nice meeting you. Can't wait to try them out will report on this thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Guys,

A little update here.

Hopefully everyone has heard back from either myself or my wife, if not, please send a kind email to fishing@sitka.ca with a gentle reminder as we have been pretty darn slammed with emails. That said, the first batch of 400 went out and I believe we were able to fill all requests. The next batch will be ready come the end of this week with another 400 ready to go.

Also, we'll be doing the math on the first contribution to salmon enhancement and I'll be sure to let you all know how much is going to what organization.

And...the spoons seem to be checking out in many fisheries around the province! ;)

Ap

Friendly reminder email sent, I must have been missed on the first round.

Hey Guys,

A little update here.

Hopefully everyone has heard back from either myself or my wife, if not, please send a kind email to fishing@sitka.ca with a gentle reminder as we have been pretty darn slammed with emails. That said, the first batch of 400 went out and I believe we were able to fill all requests. The next batch will be ready come the end of this week with another 400 ready to go.

Also, we'll be doing the math on the first contribution to salmon enhancement and I'll be sure to let you all know how much is going to what organization.

And...the spoons seem to be checking out in many fisheries around the province! ;)

Ap

I was off Nelson Island today north of Pender Harbour. In 3 hours we had 4 spring including a couple at 16 pounds.....all on the Sitka Sand Lance. Down 125' at 2.5 knots. Great lure, good work Andrew P. Keep up the innovations.

Got mine today and they look very good. Really happy with them and my congratulations to Andrew and Nancy for coming up with this.

This is how they look from the package;

IMG_1751.JPG

I added the glow strips;

IMG_1750.JPG

I also added some blue metallic tape;

IMG_1749.JPG

And then I made one with both blue tape and glow strips;

IMG_1752.JPG

I will also make a couple with green metallic or just green strips and glow strips.

Can't wait to try them.

^ Those look awesome, especially the blue tape, very realistic looking!

I would like to try some of these... I emailed about a week ago, but no reply? Thanks.

EDIT: Thanks for getting a hold of me! 2 on the way! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Fishin'Zinn, just sent you an email.

We are combing the email account today to make sure no one was missed. My wife, being the super efficient human that she is, fired out a mass email to all that had initially emailed with all of the payment details, but it seems like people's spam filters have blocked quite a few. I guess they think we are into phishing...not fishing, ha!

Anyways, no need to post on here if you didn't receive a response; a quick email to fishing@sitka.ca is the best way.

Nice meeting you the other night Andrew, spoons look awesome , gonna give them a good try later in the week, sounds like they are producing good results. Job well done, Congrats, !!

I was off Nelson Island today north of Pender Harbour. In 3 hours we had 4 spring including a couple at 16 pounds.....all on the Sitka Sand Lance. Down 125' at 2.5 knots. Great lure, good work Andrew P. Keep up the innovations.

Good first report there DAD and welcome to the forum! You know'll I'll keep it up. I'll have to show you how to upload pics....but I'll add these up. definitely some nice fish for Pender Harbour!

2014 05 26 Jon & Chris IMG_7521.jpg2014 05 26 Jon & Chris IMG_7523 (1).jpg

Nice meeting you the other night Andrew, spoons look awesome , gonna give them a good try later in the week, sounds like they are producing good results. Job well done, Congrats, !!

Good to meet you to Bag-Juan; looking forward to the feedback from the reigning Banana...

Finaddict - those are looking fishy! I find that hitting them with a blow dryer after applying the sticker and then giving a good press really helps bond the tape well.

Good to meet you to Bag-Juan; looking forward to the feedback from the reigning Banana...

Finaddict - those are looking fishy! I find that hitting them with a blow dryer after applying the sticker and then giving a good press really helps bond the tape well.
Thanks for the tip Andrew. I will make sure to give them a little warmth. ;-)

I will be looking for some green and glow tapes as well. I'd like to mimic an Irish Creme spoon on one side and leave the other chrome. Once done, I'll post up a few pics of that as well.

I was wondering how people are tying there line onto the split ring? It seems to me that the section of the split ring that has only one wire might impede on the lures action, with the possability of hanging up. Maybe I'm just overthinking it. Any comments would be appreciated.;) eman

Back