Salt water tackle box

Plano 7592 guide series is the perfect box for everything and the boxes inside are hootchie safe.

I went with a soft bag from Spider Wire. https://www.amazon.ca/Spiderwire-Wolf-Tackle-Bag-Black/dp/B003M1IHB8
It was about $70 from Canadian Tire I think. I've had it for 3 years, no problems. Small size works for my 18' boat. It comes with 4 trays. I only bring 3 with me (1-hootchies/chovie heads, 1-spoons, 1-terminal gear). I can fit about 12 flashers in the bag with the three trays. Room for tools, leader line, scale, gloves, smelly jelly, etc..

I just went through the same exercise. Ended up with this:

http://www.planomolding.com/fishing.../guide-series-pro-stowaway-rack-tackle-system

On the plastic tackle boxes, look for "worm proof". That means that the super soft plastics used in bass worms (or in our case hootichies) won't melt through the plastic in these boxes.

I thought about the soft cases, then I looked at the zippers on the backpack that I take on the boat all the time. A little salt corrosion and they are screwed. I'm forever applying zipper lube to those things now and I wouldn't want that next to my fishing gear.
Oooohh, I like that one. Typically I use a bunch of those Plano trays and store them all in a Rubbermaid tub. The flashers go in there nicely as well.

There was a discussion on a thread a few months ago about a box by Plano which was recommended which I followed up on. I think they are great. Box is 8x10x5 inches deep with 3 dividers with 24 notches each. Will hold 36 hootchies or spoons if double spaced,more if crowded. Top and bottom is perforated so the whole box can be rinsed under a fresh water hose for cleaning.Good handle and lock.Only place I found them was Bass Pro. Have bought 3, probably buy another. Good price 12.99. If out of stock they can order more. Will try and post a couple pics
Plano_Lure_Box_2.jpg
[/IMG]
Plano_Lure_Box_2.jpg

Plano_Lure_Box_1.jpg
[/IMG]
Plano_Lure_Box_1.jpg

There was a discussion on a thread a few months ago about a box by Plano which was recommended which I followed up on. I think they are great. Box is 8x10x5 inches deep with 3 dividers with 24 notches each. Will hold 36 hootchies or spoons if double spaced,more if crowded. Top and bottom is perforated so the whole box can be rinsed under a fresh water hose for cleaning.Good handle and lock.Only place I found them was Bass Pro. Have bought 3, probably buy another. Good price 12.99. If out of stock they can order more. Will try and post a couple pics
Plano_Lure_Box_2.jpg
[/IMG]
Plano_Lure_Box_2.jpg

Plano_Lure_Box_1.jpg
[/IMG]
Plano_Lure_Box_1.jpg
Cool stuff. But I wish manufacturers would consider that on the west coast we use flashers that are 11 inches long. Why not make that box 2 inches longer, then you could store a butt load of flashers in there too.

Cool stuff. But I wish manufacturers would consider that on the west coast we use flashers that are 11 inches long. Why not make that box 2 inches longer, then you could store a butt load of flashers in there too.
Just cut the plastic separator in the top of the box and flashers fit just fine in the 7592 guide series

Attachments

• 20170601_200258.jpg
    20170601_200258.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 79
I got the cabelas guide bag. Came with 12 containers, hard plastic bottom to ensure bottom is waterproof, front three pockets are just long enough to store flasher. Bag is big enough to carry all my electronics, tackle, and rod holder with room left over. 129.00 with containers costing 12 per container it was a good deal imo.

I use this guy:
https://www.amazon.com/Plano-Moldin...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=X88PQB2GHSCJKWMDQ04B

You can store leader line and smaller utility boxes on the sides as well as 3 big boxes in the middle. The top fits flashers, clips etc. I have a bunch of the organizer boxes set up for different waters: one with hooks and terminal tackle, one with spoons and hoochies, one with spin n' glows for bar fishing, one with lake fishing/trolling gear for trout etc. I just swap out the ones I need depending on where I am fishing. I think you can buy the middle organizers for $5-10each.

Back