Salmon possession limit

c-dawg

Need some clarity. Even though the Coho catch limit in Nootka is 4 total (2 marked, 2 unmarked), is the total possession limit still only 4 salmon? So if I caught my daily limit of Coho, would I be done for the 5-day trip? Or could I harvest some Springs, too?

Someone please help me with the math. Except Pescador, I'm not paying $250 for fishing reg consulting. :D

Yup.....4 salmon per day and then you have your possession limit which is generally 2 days worth.

You catch and bonk 4 coho one day....don't bonk any springs that same day as I am sure it's 2 springs per day and 4 possession but I haven't looked at the regs specifically.

All in all for the 5 day trip you can bring home 8 salmon in total and if regs are what I am assuming then you can have 8 coho if you want....but that would mean NO springs with a max on springers being 4.

There is a daily limit and a possesion limit which is double the daily limit. It depends on where you are fishing, but generally the possession limit is 8 salmon for a multi-day trip. Often that means 4 chinooks and 4 cohoes. I believe there is a spot in Nootka allowing 4 cohoes per day, so if you fish there and keep 8 cohoes for your trip, you can't keep any chinooks until you fully consume a coho.

so if you fish there and keep 8 cohoes for your trip, you can't keep any chinooks until you fully consume a coho.

From what I was told by a fisheries officer and was discussed on here a couple of years back whether you eat it or not it's part of your possession limit. You have killed 8 fish and not returned to your primary residence with your possession limit.

I can't go on a 10 day trip and eat a spring every night for dinner and keep going til I hit my annual limit of 10.

From what I was told by a fisheries officer and was discussed on here a couple of years back whether you eat it or not it's part of your possession limit. You have killed 8 fish and not returned to your primary residence with your possession limit.

I can't go on a 10 day trip and eat a spring every night for dinner and keep going til I hit my annual limit of 10.
Assuming normal bowel function, you may be able to keep 7 over ten days. :cool::D That is if you consume a whole fish at each dinner. :rolleyes:o_O;)

Back