Rigger rods

Haven't had a chance to take them out for a run yet, and there isn't much I don't like about them....Although the drag is sensitive on them I think it should be easy to get use to it. And I got a really really good deal and couldn't justify spending Islander money on the MR3's.

I use and like the fenwick 1265, I'm not a guide and may not need a totally bulletproof solution. I picked up a few more this summer for $90 each, should last a while.
I run trophy tyee qr on these rods and like them a lot, again although I fish a lot it's not as much as the 150 days a year guys.

Thanks again for all the info. Just thought I would update you guys on what I've ended up with. I picked up a trophy Titan xl. I have an order in for a matching trophy qr reel to go with it. Really like the feel of the trophy xl. Should end up with a good combo at a decent price.

Both the Classic Moocher from Rapala and Shimano Technium are good. If you prefer the lighter action, Rapala is just coming to market with a new lighter version of the Classic Moocher which is in my view nicer than the Techniums. The current version of the Classic Moocher is a tad stiffer than the Technium. Again, both are good choices. Choice does depend on your preference in terms of action and feel that the handle gives you. I prefer the Classic Moocher because the handle is wider and easier for me to grip. The Classic also has a hard foam butt box which so far is bullet proof going in/out of the rod holder, whereas I had a customer break the cork butt box on the Technium, which they gladly replaced.

Back