ribs

SIMMER not boil a huge difference ........ to different styles of cooking you don't boil a stock you simmer it for 12 to 24 hours. boiling bad simmmmmmmmmmer is a slow drawn out process which injects flavor.
If you boiled a stock my europen chef/instructor who trained me would FREAK when you simmer its a nice clear stock with tons of flavor.
I have had tough ribs from all cuts of meat even pork hence why I precook(simmer) all of them also an effective way of getting rid of all that fat especially pork, beef can even be worse.

wolf

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember he said bbq. My KCBS instructor would freak out if he saw a guy put them in any liquid other than their own.

Remember he said bbq. My KCBS instructor would freak out if he saw a guy put them in any liquid other than their own.

It is quite controversial, but you are right, authentic Southern BBQ, most use low indirect heat or smoke.

Truth is, there are lots of ways of preparing ribs.

Noobs...............

Hey guys, we can easily settle this dispute with a rib competition. I will sacrifice my time to be a judge. I think Lippy said he'd judge too. Holmes, this is your chance to shut up all the haters.....

Back