Smoker box for propane grill top

Nemytalu

I just can’t bring myself to get a smoker, so I decided for the half measure of getting a smoker box for my propane bbq (Webber Spirit). Picked up some alder chips, wetted them and fired it all up. Half day soy sauce, sesame oil and maple syrup marinade on some chinook. Did not get ‘billowing’ smoke like they suggested, but it did smoke well and our fresh bbq salmon definitely had a next level smoked flavour. Next stop is pork ribs with hickory. Chef recommends!

I just can’t bring myself to get a smoker, so I decided for the half measure of getting a smoker box for my propane bbq (Webber Spirit). Picked up some alder chips, wetted them and fired it all up. Half day soy sauce, sesame oil and maple syrup marinade on some chinook. Did not get ‘billowing’ smoke like they suggested, but it did smoke well and our fresh bbq salmon definitely had a next level smoked flavour. Next stop is pork ribs with hickory. Chef recommends!
I Put the smoker box below the grills on the flavorizer bars when doing a bit of smoke with my weber. Smokes waaay better

Back