Report from Tofino

naknekm

I arrived here Sunday evening and got the boat ready to launch. Bella Pacifica is a beautiful RV park. I can sit and look out over the ocean.

I launched yesterday morning. It was a little too rough for me offshore, so I fished inshore spots. It was pretty slow for me. I got one coho and lost another. My crab trap was filled. I kept the two big males and cooked them up last night.

Today, the weather was much better. I fished off Portland point and got three springs and two cohos. Naturally, I caught the biggest spring after I had killed the first two, so it went back alive and well. The two cohos were both wild, so they were released, also.

Lots of places have fish. I got one king fishing 25 feet down in 150 feet of water. The other fish were all caught just above bottom. Coyote spoons took the all. I tried anchovies, but no luck on them. I have 4 more days to fish, so I am hoping for good weather. I will post a full report when I get home.
Marty

No kidding! So much for that doom and gloom thread from a few weeks ago.... Fishing sounds unreal right now and I'm missing it all! :mad:

We are gonna pay for it in August once the US fish have gone by

Back