Release Clips

demco99

Gearing up a new boat, it has been a few years but I seem to remember a guy on the forums here who sold cannonballs and tied up his own release clips for good prices. Does anyone have his contact? I am in Vancouver.

Making your own Scotty release clip rigs is super easy. All you need is a spool of 150lb mono and a crimping tool (the same one you use for rigging downriggers) and the metal crimps from a place like Trotac. I had lots of shorter ones from when I fished on smaller boats, and it was easy to cut them off and make longer ones for my current boat and even the duel clip ones for stacking. Buy up all the used ones you can find cheap at garage sales etc, no matter the length, and redo them. You can buy just the Scotty release clip and large SS clip to the rigger new to make the rigs, but they are rather expensive unless you are buying them in bulk. You will still save some money though. There are a lot of the big SS clips around used from the dying commercial fishery, and you can usually find them cheap.

Helps to have some of these around too-widely available

1190.jpg

Back