Regulation sticky?

fish stalker

I was wondering if we should make up a sticky with easy to understand ways to read regs and direct links to the dfo page website. I know there are a couple different ways to get to the notices page and the site can give you the run around. Mabey post up 4 common areas and then the map page. I have read members on who fish alot and have been memebers for years and are still asking what the regs are. Also mabey explain limits and combined limits which alot of people dont get either. and now fall coming and people going into rivers understand there are two sets of regs which sometimes only a few steps to the right or left can change.

I know alot of people play dumb but we could help the people that do want to help themselves and are to embarrassed to ask.

I was wondering if we should make up a sticky with easy to understand ways to read regs and direct links to the dfo page website. I know there are a couple different ways to get to the notices page and the site can give you the run around. Mabey post up 4 common areas and then the map page. I have read members on who fish alot and have been memebers for years and are still asking what the regs are. Also mabey explain limits and combined limits which alot of people dont get either. and now fall coming and people going into rivers understand there are two sets of regs which sometimes only a few steps to the right or left can change.

I know alot of people play dumb but we could help the people that do want to help themselves and are to embarrassed to ask.

With all due respect, I think the fewer people involved in interpreting the regs, the better. Simple clarifications aside, it's best people go directly to the source. There are too many instances of people hearing second and third hand information only to find out later on the water or on the dock that the info was not accurate.

People want to help and give advice that may not be accurate or up to date. I've seen tackle shops post info on their websites that was not accurate.

Well I dont know the reg page is down but I cant even get to the regs right now. There is so many options and subsections, notices, fisherys, salmon, sign up only, sections you think its going to take to the regs but dosnt you just get the run around. I just asked my brother to try and tell me what the regs are for sooke and he looked for 15 mins and couldnt find them. I think fishermen who seem to know how to use the internet are have been fishing for years still cant find and check for themselves and dipshits at the cleaning pleading ignorance says there need to be a simplier way. I think people like it to be hard so they can plead ignorance so they fish and catch what and where they want.

How about sticking this in your favourites on your internet browser...........

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/index-eng.html

It's all there. All the updates etc. I know it is a pain in the azz but it is what it is. You almost need a filing cabinet on board these day with all the print outs lol.

Cheers,
Sculpin

that's what I do also... take an hr or 2 and find all the pertinent info and updates to the area your fishing, copy and paste any info you'll need in a simple .txt document and keep it in a file folder onboard. I also keep a copy of the tide tables, guys fishing licences, coordinates of different areas, radio channels, boats registration, copy of boaters card, etc in the one folder. doesn't hurt to keep the folder in a large ziplock if you don't have a cabin on your vessel.... but make sure you also have a hard copy of the regs onboard of course for backup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back