Mistletoe: The Evolution of a Christmas Tradition

IronNoggin

I found this to be a very interesting read for this time of year:

Mistletoe: The Evolution of a Christmas Tradition​

And so while there are historical explanations for why humans tend to kiss under mistletoe—a history of gods, demons, luck and a little lust—the evolutionary story of these plants with their sticky fruits and parasitic ways is more interesting.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scie...-evolution-of-a-christmas-tradition-10814188/

Very interesting! Other traditions I respect are peace, goodwill and giving to others. Gratitude - always the best attitude!

This summer, I had a "woke" young women confront me as being " just another priviledged, old, white man." After getting over my righteous indignation, I thought to myself, she's got a point. I'm extremely fortunate to live at this time, in this place, surrounded by some amazingly good people!
Merry Christmas!

Very interesting! Other traditions I respect are peace, goodwill and giving to others. Gratitude - always the best attitude!

This summer, I had a "woke" young women confront me as being " just another priviledged, old, white man." After getting over my righteous indignation, I thought to myself, she's got a point. I'm extremely fortunate to live at this time, in this place, surrounded by some amazingly good people!
Merry Christmas!
I hope you explained to her about sex and travel!!

Back