Rain Gear

CIVANO

Has anyone found a brand that holds up? Is it Ruberized or Gortex? I would prefer pants that had a fly so I wasn't getting undressed after every few beers.

Helly Hansen's Ballistic Cloth. Bulletproof! Been wearing mine both commercial and sport fishing for 3 years now, and going STRONG!:D
No fly, but worth putting up with for the quality methinks!

Cheers,
Nog

I was given a gift or rubberized rain gear built for the Government and after camping in the mud, the rain,crashing through bushes and not to mention a few trips and falls they held up very well. Once home I put them in the washer and hung them up to dry and they look brand new..... also 100% waterproof. Thats my 2 cents worth.... Steve.

And remember....Keep your tip up!!!

HH light rubberized (cannot remember the actuall name), best stuff for hunting and fishing. Only complaint is no elastic sleves so water has a tendency to run down the inside of the sleeve. A couple of elastic bands do help.

Viking also makes some good stuff. I will have to look for the stuff Nog mentioned.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by IronNoggin

Helly Hansen's Ballistic Cloth. Bulletproof! Been wearing mine both commercial and sport fishing for 3 years now, and going STRONG!:D
No fly, but worth putting up with for the quality methinks!

Cheers,
Nog

Is that the reddish orange and dark greenish blue two tone stuff with a reflective stripe? If so tuff stuff for sure.

Elastic or neoprene cuffs are a must. The latter works awesome.

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

quote:HH light rubberized (cannot remember the actuall name), best stuff for hunting and fishing

I got the same one. Best I ever had.

Take only what you need.
3641877346_d9919f98d0.jpg

I work in the woods so I know a thing or two about tough rain gear. The thin helly stuff is great if you're not worried about snagging it. But hands down the best of both worlds would be the double layer Helly stuff, green outer fabric layer to take the hits and the thin rubberized layer to keep ya dry, but it does keep ya warm. Also another brand worth mentioning is Zephron by black diamond. They sell it at fleck bros in Campbell river and at Ono's. It's rubberized and very tough, although the jackets don't come with hoods. It's my preference for an all round set.

quote:Originally posted by Sitkaspruce

HH light rubberized (cannot remember the actuall name), best stuff for hunting and fishing. Only complaint is no elastic sleves so water has a tendency to run down the inside of the sleeve. A couple of elastic bands do help.

Fishing08018-1.jpg

I have the thin rubberized HH it does not rip that easy but it does rip if you catch it on something. Buddy has the stuff nog mentioned and its bulletproof. Both good stuff

quote:Originally posted by Sitkaspruce
Only complaint is no elastic sleves so water has a tendency to run down the inside of the sleeve.

Fishing08018-1.jpg
Ain't that the truth. I have 2 of the light ruberized HH jackets and over time they wear out in certain spots and flake away in small, fine pieces. It is a good jacket but for a fall downpour I find them very damp, even fleeced up underneath. Curious about Noggs stuff.

HH ballistic cloth as Nog says. Only complaint is there is no pockets on the jacket. Not cheap but well worth it. Its derby time !

Tournament Proven !

I have a two sets of Cabelas Guidewear series, one insulated and the other isn't. Love them both. Going on 5 years so far. They are a bit expensive but its good shiat..

Grundens are bullet proof. I use mine for every chore around the farm. Construction, Logging or Fishing I am covered. Never tried H.Hansen but apparently there are some folks that feel they are a quality product also. When I was a bit younger I would always buy some cutesy stuff with fly zippers. These type would always fail usually when I was 30 to 60 feet up a tree. I needed some quality wet weather gear that would take a beating. Grundens are the bomb!

Clinging to my Guns and Religion. www.KoneZone.com

Back