Tablet Rail Mount Mirrored at Stern?

tbeatm

Hey all,

I have a Lowrance Elite FS 7 at the front of my boat, was a little bit limited with windshield and dash space at the time and needed something for the boat.
I do a lot of jigging and thought it would be great to use my old iPad and mirror the sounder screen to it and have it closer to the stern.

Does anyone have a good rail mount system for a tablet they would recommend? I have a scotty rail mount for a rod out the back, maybe I throw on one of the triple mounting systems in that holder so I don't lose the rod spot? I don't think Scotty has anything specifically for a tablet though.

Any tips or personal recommendations appreciated!

Their products are top notch. I mount my cell phone to the inside side window of my boat with their suction cup and I get pounded at times and it never comes loose. They make iPad mounts. Call them they are very helpful

You can get all sorts of tablet mounts here. Very good product. I have one for an iPad.
On sale today too

Is the iPad bright enough? I was looking to do similar but didn't think the tablet would work in outdoors. I poked around for specialty high-brightness screens like those used for drones, but never followed through.

I use a Ram mount on my rear station. The smaller diameter one is plenty strong for my 9" tablet. I also bought the suction cup and we use that to mount the tablet to the table and windows for watching movies. My tablet stays out of direct sunlight so brightness isn't an issue, it would be otherwise. The other thing to think about is power. You burn through the battery when using it at max brightness and running an app constantly. I installed a USB fast charger at the station.

Back