Racor Info Please

sir-vivor

I purchased a Racor fuel water seprator filter (for gas outboard engines) and noticed when I got home it only has one outlet but I need two because my 200HP Ocean pro and 9.9HP kicker is need to be plumbed to it.
The Racor is rated for 60GPH so I am not worried about the supply but I am wondering if it is advisable to attach a tee to the one outlet (which would allow me to then plumb the two engines), is this a good idea ??
Have anyone of you guys done this ??,

Any comments and first hand experiece greatly appreciated

Clint
I was told by a marine mechanic its ok since I have a ball to each engine after the filter they act as close offs (and worse case if the balls are leaking (change them) I could disconect the line to the engine not being used and it would close off that line. I also have siphon valve
on the only fuel tank feeding the Racor.

For about $25 I bought the mount that gives me 2 ins and two outs. I have 1 in and 2 outs...I love it. Never had a problem. I caped the extra in..

should be no problem. i also have racor 2 in and 2 out and a inboard tank. one of the out feeds the kicker. I attached a male yamaha fuel quick connect to one of the the outs and the kicker plugs into that, then i carry a spare 3 gallon can of fuel. I can run the kicker from the fuel filter or switch to the fuel can for emergencies or a spare.

I run a 200 and a 9.9 Yammy off 1 Racor unit. Each feed line from the filter butt. has its own primer bulb and line assembly. works great. Change the filter by the spec sheet. The Racor 1 800# is pretty good for all kinds of info. gfl

Back