Question on seasickness

Cuba Libre

Stole this from another forum.. Question was "What do you do to prevent seasickness?? ) Answer.... "As for sea sickness just eat tomatoe soup with a shot of whisky. It tastes the same coming up and going down.!"

:D:D:D

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

quote:Originally posted by Cuba Libre

Stole this from another forum.. Question was "What do you do to prevent seasickness?? ) Answer.... "As for sea sickness just eat tomatoe soup with a shot of whisky. It tastes the same coming up and going down.!"

:D:D:D

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Wouldn't Rum serve the same purpose?:D
Dave

Why ruin a shot of whiskey with tamatoe juice when you can get two for 1 on a shot of whiskey ? :D

In all seriousness,after spending all my life suffering from seasickness I've found that the best thing for me is ginger ale.Doesn't help with the gut ache from puking or the whole world continuing to move for the next three days though.Last couple of years I've used Gravol with a lot of success.I keep a pill box full in my boat at all times.
Heading out to the west coast of the island tommorrow for two weeks of fishing.
Dave

Anybody tried candied Ginger? Available cheap in bulk at many supermarkets. Several long time commercial guys i know swear by it. Gravol company has been making a version with Ginger for a couple years now.
Nothing can help everybody:D

A liar will assume you are lying

When we fished north tip of island commercially I filled my own capsules with ground ginger from health food store bulk bins. Two or three a day for a few days before, maybe one a day for the first few days out there, then you're good to go after that. Cheap to make, natural, but the side affect is, man do you have to PEE in the morning [8D]

quote:Originally posted by lazoman

When we fished north tip of island commercially I filled my own capsules with ground ginger from health food store bulk bins. Two or three a day for a few days before, maybe one a day for the first few days out there, then you're good to go after that. Cheap to make, natural, but the side affect is, man do you have to PEE in the morning [8D]

Don't you have to do that in the morning anyways?:D
Dave

Yes Vetteman, and now maybe once or twice before morning, HA.
But at the time a 'few' years back, ginger is a diuretic, and it was look out I'm getting up and heading outside and hope no one was in my way !!! [:I]

I heard from an old Native guy that he used to get seasick all the time untill his grandpa told him he has to eat sea foam to cure it. He ate it and was never seasick again!!

I got a package of Bonine at a Walmart in the the US in the spring. It seems to be unavailable in Canada now, in fact one pharmacist said she wasn't allowed to sell it. The online prices are way above what I paid, but may be a simpler solution.

don't fight it, let it happen...barf, then chase a Gravol with a Corona...probably just a fluke, but it worked like a charm for me on Sunday after getting seasick for the first time in years. ;)

don't fight it, let it happen...barf, then chase a Gravol with a Corona...probably just a fluke, but it worked like a charm for me on Sunday after getting seasick for the first time in years. ;)

Back