Quality Pliers

Chuck

Looking for options on a good set of pliers to use on the boat that don’t rust after a few days.
Suggestions highly welcomed. Thanks.

Good pliers will rust but Kliens are among the best. I spray all my boat tools with Fluid Film - no rust. I find their Pump Pliers handy.

Last edited:
I've been pretty happy with these ones. Some rust on the jaws, but action still smooth going on a year. I expect I'll get at least another year out of them.

I like that they have stronger jaws than the typically aluminum fishing pliers which I find bend easily.

I’m also in the cheap plier crowd. Fluid film keeps them going and wd40 usually revives them when you forget to fluid film lol.

Get the 11" long pliers from PA. Put a leash on them as well. WD40 or other water displacer helps keep the rust at bay.
I like the ones with the bent tips, never have to be anywhere near the fish with these

Van Staal’s will corrode your wallet, not the pliers. Mine are still beautiful after 10 years and still have decades of use in store.

Last edited:
aluminum fishing pliers from HC Sea choice i think they are called 30$ i have them attached to scotty stick on D-rings for each side of the boat

Van Staal’s will corrode your wallet, not the pliers. Mine are still beautiful after 10 years and still have decades of use in store.

Those things would kill me. If I dropped them overboard I would have to go in after them @ that price. I would be concentrating more on the pliers than the rods. No thanks. If there was a need for that cost for fishing then yes, there just seems to be more economical choices

Oly

Those things would kill me. If I dropped them overboard I would have to go in after them @ that price. I would be concentrating more on the pliers than the rods. No thanks. If there was a need for that cost for fishing then yes, there just seems to be more economical choices

Oly
Yes, of course there’s more economical choices, but the OP asked for advice on quality pliers that won’t rust after a while.
These are the best you can get. They come with a great lanyard, so you won’t drop them overboard, and you’ll therefore never buy another pair of pliers again. They’re one and done.

Back