Retaining wall contractor Victoria

Slabbedout

Looking to get a retaining wall built to separate the sloped boulevard to my lawn.

Ideally rock, boulders, blocks but am open to design or suggestions. We had originally thought maybe poured dyed concrete or the large lock block jersey wall.

Roughly 50-60’ long and 4’ tall.

Anyone care to recommend anyone ? Or have suggestions as to what may be good options ?

Looking to get a retaining wall built to separate the sloped boulevard to my lawn.

Ideally rock, boulders, blocks but am open to design or suggestions. We had originally thought maybe poured dyed concrete or the large lock block jersey wall.

Anyone care to recommend anyone ? Or have suggestions as to what may be good options ?
Don't do rocks, rats love them. If it's under 4', do an Alan block wall yourself. It's so easy, a welder could do it.

Don't do rocks, rats love them. If it's under 4', do an Alan block wall yourself. It's so easy, a welder could do it.
Agreed it is very easy but maybe find a contractor that will agree to just laydown the first row for you, they have their laser level and compactors to make sure your blocks are completely level, then you’re off to the races. My buddy charges $60-80 per block including installation. The blocks are roughly $12 to purchase, so you’d end up saving $50-$70 per block on every row above the base.

Agreed it is very easy but maybe find a contractor that will agree to just laydown the first row for you, they have their laser level and compactors to make sure your blocks are completely level, then you’re off to the races. My buddy charges $60-80 per block including installation. The blocks are roughly $12 to purchase, so you’d end up saving $50-$70 per block on every row above the base.
No contractor will do that. That is like asking a roofer to do your roof, but saying you only want him to do the hard parts.

Infinite green landscape services. Friend of mine and fisherman. Good dude, skilled, but busy. He works with a designer, too, if needed

Last edited:

When you say the rats love them do you mean stacked stone / boulder wall ?

I was thinking a mortared rock wall ( flat face without openings ) more of a wall lizard breeding area ?

The main reason I cut down the hedge and am redoing this is because the rats lived in the cedar hedge.

Honestly I will do almost anything myself and love to save money. Building retaining walls and taping drywall are just about the only things I think I would pay for.

Infinite green landscape services. Friend of mine and fisherman. Good dude, skilled, but busy. He works with a designer, too, if needed

Infinity landscape services ?

Can’t seem to find infinite green in Victoria.

I guess you won’t know until you ask? Just had a contractor do the bottom row only 2 days ago.
Yeah was this in Vic ?

Who did the prep and laid the start row, your buddy ?

I would probably be onboard if I could find someone willing to do the start row and the majority of the prep. I think it’s unlikely though.

Yeah was this in Vic ?

Who did the prep and laid the start row, your buddy ?

I would probably be onboard if I could find someone willing to do the start row and the majority of the prep. I think it’s unlikely though.
A buddy in Nanaimo. I just paid him hourly for his work, I did all the lifting and helping, and he still got paid well for his time.

Stacked rock like riprap is like opening a hotel for marmots. No, actually, more like marmot condos. Hotels are for temporary stays.

I think you should hire a company to pour you a concrete retaining wall. It leaves no options for rodents. In north vancouver I do concrete retaining walls 4' high for approximately 400$ per linear foot.

I just used Raposo Landscaping for a granite wall to match the existing wall on a project and he was awesome. Reasonable price, showed up on time and great attention to detail. He did the steps as well.
IMG_1843.jpeg

Last edited:
I just used Raposo Landscaping for a granite wall to match the existing wall and he was awesome. Reasonable price, showed up on time and great attention to detail. He did the steps as wel
I think you should hire a company to pour you a concrete retaining wall. It leaves no options for rodents. In north vancouver I do concrete retaining walls 4' high for approximately 400$ per linear foot.

I assume all the digging / prep work is additional?

I have a few contractors that do concrete that could help me out. It’s kinda the least desirable to the wife for esthetics but might be the best cost wise.

Back