Puntledge opening?

If you find the float does slide a little down the line, either tighten the cable ties a little or pinch a small split shot just under the float.

Don't know where you buy them but I paid $1.99 at Canadian Tire. Anyway even at a buck each it can still work out expensive over a course of a few weeks. I only posted this because I wanted to try to save anglers some cash, I'm on a budget.

Gallows thanks for the tip on the floats. When I fish the river I do a count on how many floats go by. This year the average is 1 per hour. Must have seen one of yours. So far been lucky with zero loss. Wonder if Flail is out there fishing. If you are give us a report please. GLG

Unfortunatley I've had to work everyday since Thursday. The only chance to fish was Sunday. Blown out and muddy. Cruised by the condensory this am looked great but I'm working again:(. Thursday last was good, another good size chrome spring and a couple of coho home. Hope to be out again SUnday.

Spent some quality time after lunch at the river today. 1 to the shore and 1 break off. I would not say it’s hot but there is some action out there. Man the water is high. Posted signs say 2 to 5 times normal flow until Oct 13. Light Blue was the ticket today. I was standing in the flow and was bumped by a dead fish. Just about jumped out of my boots. The fish was as black as the inside of a cow. GLG

I went this morning. You're right GLG, the water is very high. I couldn't reach my favourite spot and tried somewhere else, but I landed a fresh coho and lost two chum but the action was slow because of the high water. Won't bother now until Monday at the earliest, water level should be back to normal by then.

Went out last night for the first time in a week. The water level was perfect. Big change in the fish. All the springs were dark even saw a couple of chums. Only out for about an hour (just enough to satisfy my urges). Rolled a couple of coho but didn't hook anything. Must have been the first one there in a while as I had to bust some major spider webs getting there.

A big thanks to those of you using the garbage bags I hung out at my favourite spots. It's nice to see others respecting mom nature. I pick up the full bags as needed and remove them at the close of the season. Don't forget beer cans are returnable;) cheers- flail

Went to the park Tuesday AM. Fishing was great (5 to the bank). The chums seem to be straight out of the chuck. If you want some smokers now’s the time. Chartreuse wool was the ticket for me. Water level high but not bad. GLG

CA do you mean kinda out in the middle a little towards the town side? I agree i went there for a min last week and even in low water i was having alot of troubles halfway across i said wish i wasnt doing this. Heck i had 5'6 60+ year old ladies walking across beside me im 6,3 young and i wouldnt do it again.

CA do you mean kinda out in the middle a little towards the town side? I agree i went there for a min last week and even in low water i was having alot of troubles halfway across i said wish i wasnt doing this. Heck i had 5'6 60+ year old ladies walking across beside me im 6,3 young and i wouldnt do it again.

I've just got back. I was raining so hard I nearly never bothered to go at all. Fished by the bridge, (not many others there today). Water was high but fishable. Hooked and landed three nice fresh chum in short order. Plenty of fish moving through, one of the ones I caught still has sea lice on it. All caught in the mouth with flouro lime green wool and long leader, only stayed just over 1 hour. Back to work tomorrow so no fishing until next week.

I've just got back. I was raining so hard I nearly never bothered to go at all. Fished by the bridge, (not many others there today). Water was high but fishable. Hooked and landed three nice fresh chum in short order. Plenty of fish moving through, one of the ones I caught still has sea lice on it. All caught in the mouth with flouro lime green wool and long leader, only stayed just over 1 hour. Back to work tomorrow so no fishing until next week.

Thanks Copper,

That's just what the doctor ordered.
Still managing to hook some fresh coho upper river but when the water level's up like this morning they head down river and it's over.

Thanks Copper,

That's just what the doctor ordered.
Still managing to hook some fresh coho upper river but when the water level's up like this morning they head down river and it's over.

Back