Prop pitch

brutus

Anybody running 300 Suzuki with a 6000 boat , what pitch prop you guys using?? Mine came with 2 stainless 21 pitch props, I think it’s going to be over prop . Was running 14-3/4 x15 4 blade with the Honda 225. What’s everyone running with similar setup?

Your just gonna need to try it I think the range is 5700 to 6200 WOT but DO NOT QUOTE me on that each engine has its own WOT rating.

That may be right where ya want it. Ive always done my tests with boat full of fuel and water and people and if I get just over that bottom number im good. take her for a rip!!!!!

5700-6300I am going to try it but wow those are big props,16x21.5

Last edited:
I have a new 350 on a 26ft northwest - I have a 19.5p and get around 5900 at wot. I was lucky to know a guy with the same boat so I told the dealer to swap right away to the 19.5

I wish lol, no it’s a single
I'd say try the 21p and see what you get fully loaded at wot. Follow the owners manual for your break-in and don't go to WOT until it says you can. It will also stipulate what rpm range to shoot for. Once your able to get to WOT you'll have a good idea as to what prop would be best. Good luck, I love my suzukis hope you do too.

It is used, it’s got 986 hrs on it. So no worries about break in period, did not want to wait another 3 months to buy new, so this will have to do for now, anything will be better then a dead honda

I have a new 350 on a 26ft northwest - I have a 19.5p and get around 5900 at wot. I was lucky to know a guy with the same boat so I told the dealer to swap right away to the 19.5
I have the same and get 19.5 and get just at 5800 as that hourston is heavy I think you will be good at the 21. my boat dry in book is close to 7000 lbs fully loaded i bet 9000. giver and report back to us

I have the same and get 19.5 and get just at 5800 as that hourston is heavy I think you will be good at the 21. my boat dry in book is close to 7000 lbs fully loaded i bet 9000. giver and report back to us
I am going to be impressed if it works, thanks for the input, now I wait

I’ve got a 16x19P with a 300hp on 22 ft NWAC centrecon. Get up to 6100rpm at WOT.
What is your prop diameter? You’re likely heavier than we are so the 21P might be a little aggressive? But if the 225 was moving you before then you could be ok.

I’ve got a 16x19P with a 300hp on 22 ft NWAC centrecon. Get up to 6100rpm at WOT.
What is your prop diameter? You’re likely heavier than we are so the 21P might be a little aggressive? But if the 225 was moving you before then you could be ok.
It came with 2 exact same props, 16x21.5, my 225 Honda was having a hard time with a 3x18 , slow hole shot and had to rev 4400 to keep it at 25 mph, switch to 14-3/4 x15 4 blade and was way better . I know Suzuki spins bigger props, and also have more hp but 21.5 seems a bit steep,will have to run it to see I guess, I am not a speed freak, hole shot and keeping it at 25-30 mph is fine with me, just don’t want a slug getting up on step, offshore is where I want the hole shot to get up and out. Keeping it in the recommended rpm range

sounds like a 17p watergrip would work. same i had on my kingfisher.

What is your prop diameter? You’re likely heavier than we are so the 21P might be a little aggressive? But if the 225 was moving you before then you could be

Last edited:
Back