Profisher's Poacher Thread

Admin

Admin
Staff member
Profisher's Last post in the thread.

"I confronted him when he reached for the net on his last fish. Gord was going to go over and have a word at 11am when his trip was over and even told his guests he was going to say something to him calmly and not make a big scene with them on board. They were ok with it. The guy went up on plane and headed in just as Gord was finished and going to head over to him.
Mods...you can take this down if you wish...my post was less about starting a big debate and more about making it known who might need to be watched a bit to make sure this isn't habitual. Based on the number of views...that has been accomplished. I don't want this post to become a big headache for the SFBC owners and mods."

I have taken the step of posting your last comments because I appreciate that you considered the predicament this puts SFBC in. I would have dealt with this sooner, but I actually got to spend some time fishing and just got re-connected with the internet! While I have no doubt that what you and Gord saw is completely accurate, it is impossible for us to have photos that identify people with accusations of wrong doing in the forum, unless they are convicted of those accusations in a court of law. The risks to the website via potential lawsuits are not something we can ignore.
Having said that, I can understand your frustration with the situation and poaching in general especially given your history of hard work to help enhance the well being of fish on the west coast. I trust everyone on this forum feels the same and will do their part to report any illegal activity they encounter to the proper authorities.

Brian

Back