Possession limit for Area 25

c-dawg

I've been reading through the regulations to ensure I'm in compliance with possession limits after our trip next week. From what I've gathered, I'm allowed 2 days limits according to species. So that means 4 Chinook with only 2 over 77cm, 8 Coho, 2 halibut with only 1 over 90cm, and 6 lingcod. Does all of that sound correct?

Those numbers are for Area 25; Area 125 would be less. So how does a fish cop know where you picked up the fish if you're stopped on the way home?

Daily limit for salmon of any species is 4, with 8 in possession. So, if you keep your limit of 4 chinook you can only keep 4 coho in addition to that for a total of 8 salmon in possession. You can legally have 8 coho in your possession but only if you don't keep any chinook.

Cheers.

Ukee

Daily limit for salmon of any species is 4, with 8 in possession. So, if you keep your limit of 4 chinook you can only keep 4 coho in addition to that for a total of 8 salmon in possession. You can legally have 8 coho in your possession but only if you don't keep any chinook.

Cheers.

Ukee

Absolutely correct-no matter how you do the count-you can never have anymore than a total of 8 salmon in a 2 day possession limit.

So how does a fish cop know where you picked up the fish if you're stopped on the way home?

If you look at your fishing licence under Chinook it say's Date.................... Area................... If you went outside, say to 125-2 you could
catch & keep two Chinook per day and both over 77cm. You are to mark your licence when you catch your Chinook in ink. When & if you are
stopped, there is the record of where the fish came from.

Thanks, all. I had read FN0409, and it said, "The British Columbia Sport Fishing Regulations state that you may possess only twice the daily retention limit of all species..." So I thought that meant 4 Chinook, 8 Coho, etc. But now I realize I overlooked a very significant line in the regulations:

•Combined daily limit for all salmon species from all waters: 4

Glad I asked for clarification; forced me to go back and re-re-re-read the regulations.

I've been reading through the regulations to ensure I'm in compliance with possession limits after our trip next week. From what I've gathered, I'm allowed 2 days limits according to species. So that means 4 Chinook with only 2 over 77cm, 8 Coho, 2 halibut with only 1 over 90cm, and 6 lingcod. Does all of that sound correct?

Those numbers are for Area 25; Area 125 would be less. So how does a fish cop know where you picked up the fish if you're stopped on the way home?

We were boarded by fisheries last week when we were fishing the outside. We had 3 fish over 77" in the box which were caught earlier that day inside, he requested to see our GPS trails as proof but all I had was a single way point where we hit the fish, he reluctantly took our word for it until I produced a laminated copy of the area map, proving that we atleast knew the rules, this seemed to make him happy.

Back